Lonely Together

Madhu was now sitting in their room. She was staring in the blank space as she tried to figure out where her life suddenly headed her and what she should do now.

There was Rishabh, her once best friend and even till last evening she regarded him her best friend because never in the last seven years did she form that kind of bond with anyone. But now he seems another man. He is not her Rishu. He was some RK drowned in the sorrow and anger of his parents.

And then Malik, her father. She had thought that everything was just a misunderstanding but today he did confess in front of them that he killed Radha and Mohan. She wasn't going back to him for sure. But should she stay here? She can very well go away and start a new life. She doesn't need Rishabh's or any man's support to stay alive and safe without her parents. But then it's not about her. What if he needs support? He wasn't this way. He was a nice guy. Nicest that she had ever known but now he seemed ruthless. Can she see him like this? Ruined in anger. Shouldn't she do something for her best friend? She took in a deep breath as she felt that she should stay back here and do something for Rishabh.

--------

At night Madhu was confused what to do? Where to sleep? Last night she had slept on the floor but what now? She doesn't even know anything about the house that she may go to some other room. She was still confused when Bittuji entered the room with a number of cellphones in his hands.

"Good evening Bhabhiji.." he greeted her jovially.

Madhu smiled at him. Why was he so friendly suddenly? Or maybe he was friendly the last time too but she was too consumed to notice it.

He walked past her as he started searching some files in the drawer on one side.

"Bittuji..." Madhu called him hesitantly.

"Yes.." he asked turning back to her with full attention.

"What other rooms are there in this house?" She asked.

"Other rooms?" He asked confused.

"Yes.. I mean I have to sleep somewhere right?" She said smiling nervously.

"There are rooms here of course.. but I can't tell you just like that to go there.. Especially if chief finds that out I would be a dead man.."Bittuji said dreading his chief's reactions.

"You just tell me where the room is.. I will go myself.. "she said adamantly.

Bittuji turned around as he looked all around him to check if anyone was there. "Walk down the stairs and to the right is a room that's almost ready to be used." He said in whisper.

Madhu chuckled seeing him. He was surely too afraid of RK.

"Thank you Bittuji.." she said loudly to tease him as she almost forgot then in the situation she was. Bittuji's eyes widened in shock as he looked around panicking to check if anyone heard. Madhu laughed seeing him as she went off. Bittuji saw her going away and burst into a smile. She was sure to bring some change and he could sense it in her presence.

Madhu was now sitting in this new room. It was not as grand as RK's but it was still decent. At least she had calm and peace here to ponder now on what to do next. She was about to dose off when her door banged open. She was shocked to the core at the sudden noise and sat up panicking when she saw RK at the door. She took in a deep breath as she relaxed herself that no calamity had taken place. Well, RK himself had grown into a calamity for sure.

"What are you doing here biwi?" RK asked smiling wickedly.

"What else..." she didn't know what he wanted to ask.

"Isn't your room with me..? I am your husband. We ought to share our room.." he said as if giving her some unknown information.

"I am not your wife...!" she said angrily as she tried keeping her calm.

"You do what I say.. And you know what I would say.. I would say what you wont want me to.. If you would say east I would make you go west.. Now come on.. I am not in a mood of an argument.. Get back in my room.." he said firmly turning back to go away expecting her to follow.

" I am not going anywhere." She said adamantly confirming him that she wont bow to his orders.

A frown formed on his face as he turned around. In firm and fast steps he came to her and held her hand to pull her.

"You cant just keep pulling and dragging me anywhere... you dragged me into this fake marriage.. no more now.." she said angrily looking him in the eye.

RK looked at her intently for a few seconds and then his lips formed an amused smile. "As you said biwi.. By hook or by crook.. We are married now.. And if you don't want to believe that fact.. do you want me to prove our marriage to you by other means too.." he said as he bent over her. "You know what I mean right?" he said unbuttoning the top button of his shirt.

Madhu panicked seeing him as she pushed him off her and stood up in the next second and walked out of the room hastily. RK smirked seeing her. She was still that naïve Madhu.

RK entered the room to find Madhu sitting on the couch. He was about to open his mouth when Madhu interrupted him. "I have agreed to your condition but I won't budge more... That's enough!" she said as she lay on the couch. RK smiled at her and shrugged. Somehow he didn't feel like bothering her more. He walked past her and lay on his bed. Though he kept glancing at the sleeping Madhu every few seconds. How he had wished to see that sight in those years before. And now when he was able to have it, he could no longer cherish her.

-----------