The Unexpected

They landed back the next day. Madhu didnt show it but she was very apprehensive. Whatever Malik did but he was her father. She couldnt get herself to terms that he would be punished for murder. He would be jailed and it could even go as far as his life. A lump formed in her throat as she thought about that. She wished she could erase everything, their past.

They reached home after an hour long drive. They somehow couldn't talk to each other much the whole drive. As they entered the mansion, Bittuji stood there waiting for them.

"Good evening Chief.." he said with a nervous smile. He gestured a hello to Madhu too.

"Good evening Bittuji..." RK said casually.

"Chief.. I want to talk to you about something.." he said with a worried face.

"Yeah Bittuji.. I know you must have missed me for being away from.you.. Speak all you want I am all ears.." RK said to him playfully as they proceeded to the room.

"Bittuji.. Already I am too annoyed with you that you didnt call me for once and even now you are behind your Chief.. I am doubting your friendship declarations now.." Madhu looked at him with narrowed eyes as a frown formed on her face.

"No Bhabhiji.. Its not like that.." he tried to save himself.

"I don't want to hear anything Bittuji!" She said acting stubborn while Bittuji looked at her comfused and helpless.

"Bear the brunt Bittuji.. you have brought jungli billi's wrath on yourself now.." RK said playfully.

"Bhabhiji.. i am really sorry.. i asked about you from chief everyday.." he tried explaining.

Madhu broke into a smile seeing his helpless look. "Its ok Bittuji.. I excuse you for this first time.." Madhu said laughing while Bittuji sighed in relief.

"You both chatter I will just go and meet Dipali.." Madhu said waving them off.

RK rolled his eyes at her as to when her obsession for Dipali would end. "Chief I need to tell you something."

"Yes Bittuji go on.." he said casually.

"Chief I told you about K&M corp.." he started but RK interrupted hom midway.

"Yes Bittuji, they are closing.. now forget about them.. Now all I have in mind is punishing Malik.. He is ready to confess his crime, and I so want him behind bars.." RK said determined.

"He is ready to confess?" Bittuji said all confused..

"Yes Bittuji.." RK said happily.

"But chief.." Bittuji interrupted.

"What But Bittuji?" RK looked at him with an irritated look.

" Malik has helped us all these years.. I thought may be he isnt the culprit behind it.." he said it in one go on hearing about the confession.

"What? Have you gone mad Bittuji? He isn't the culprit?!" RK almost screamed at him.

Bittuji looked at him helplessly.

RK was now fuming in anger. "Do you know what you are saying? And helping us? Malik has been helping us! Who has gotten into your mind Bittuji when I was away?!" He screamed getting close to him

"Chief.. please listen to me with a cool mind.." Bittuji said worriedly.

Madhu had heard him scream and she had came back hurriedly.

"What's happening here? Is everything alright?" Madhu asked them worriedly.

"No. bittuji has sold his brain and memory somewhere.!" RK said in a harsh tone while still staring at Bittuji.. "he suddenly believes that Malik isnt the culprit anymore.. and moreover he had helped us with something.."

Madhu suddenly got her hopes up. She couldn't believe that she heard that. could it be real that her father had not done anything? Could it be true..? She looked at Bittuji hopefully.

"Tell me Bittuji.. what has he helped us with? Getting destroyed? Hating myself? Carrying the burden of guilt all my life.. Giving me a reason to hate myself everyday? Yes.. I want to know if that is called help.." RK said getting closer to him as he looked at him with furious eyes and a disgusted expression.

"Chief.. Please listen to me.."

"Bittuji.. is it true?" Madhu asked him hopefully though she was stunned.

RK looked at her sharply. "So the daughter in you is ready to believe that! Stop being naive Madhu.. its some bullshit crap that Malik has spread around.. thats what i was thinking how he got ready to confess suddenly.. its one of his games!" He shouted furiously.

"Let him say Rishu..!" Madhu burst out wanting to believe the other way.

"Chief.. that K&M corporation is Malik's company.. i investigated about it recently... The shareholders in that company are Kundra group of companies which holds 25% of shares.. and Malik's hold 35% and remaining 40% and distributed in smaller amounts among some other people.. That's why we never actually came to know about the real owner behind it.."

RK looked at him shocked. "You mean we had been working with him? All these years?" He asked baffled.

"Yes chief.. and not only working.. that company had even helped us when we were in most difficult times.."

"Malik.." RK could just utter that much. After staring at the blank space for a few minutes, something suddenly clicked in him. He got furious as his fist clenched tight and his blood boiled in him. He fumed out of the room in anger while Madhu looked at him panicking. She hurried behind him calling out his name but her voice as if fell on deaf ears.

RK drove angrily as flashes of his last talk with his parent's, his night when he could just roam around bewildered in his room unable to do anything, his life in Berlin, all came infront of his eyes.

Madhu and Bittuji came behind in the other car apprehensively.