An Intruder

RK woke up first only to see Madhu's sleeping face so close to him. This was the first morning after that first day when Madhu was still on bed when he woke up. She would wake up and do all the morning chores waking up early. He was staring at her as he felt how beautiful the morning felt to him. Suddenly Madhu moved in sleep and RK was brought back to his self. He immediately sat up not to let Madhu know that he was watching her.

"Biwi.." he said in an attempt to wake her up. "wake up its already 8.."

Madhu woke up rubbing her eyes as she stretched herself yawning. RK chuckled seeing her.

"Looks like you had a great sleep on the bed.." he feigned a sweet tone.

"yeah.. Its been a week since I slept on the bed.." Madhu said yawning.

"very good.. Now wake up.. I have to go to office!" he said firmly. Madhu looked at him irritated and made a face at him as she got down the bed.

Madhu came out after bathing as she breathed in relaxed. She saw RK lying on the couch reading newspaper.

"You are still here.. I thought you would have started your shouting session on Bittuji for office.." Madhu said as she walked past him to the terrace.

"I am not answerable to you." RK said in a clipped tone while still focusing on newspaper.

Madhu rolled her eyes as she took of the towel from her hair and opened the door to terrace and a second later she had something pouring on her head. She made a disgusted face as she touched the white slimy fluid from her head. She brought her fingers near her nose.

"Egg?" She said confused and stepped back to look where it was coming from when she saw a container above. She turned back confused and found RK trying to purse his lips to keep himself from laughing.

"Rishu!!" She screamed.

Hearing her irritated scream RK burst out laughing. "Wow.. Madhu now you look like you have bathed.."

"What the hell is this?" She shouted.

"I thought I haven't tortured you for a few days.. and then last night you were planning to go to court.. But now....." he said with a thoughtful face.. "would you go with this egg smell all around you?"

"Shut up Rishu!" She said as she made a vomit face at the smell.

"I was not going to court in the first place.." she said slamming the door of bathroom behind her..

RK smirked seeing her irritated. "I know you wouldnt have gone to court Madhu.. but its fun seeing you irritated* like that.. It been years since I saw this face of yours.." he said smiling to himself.

After sometime Madhu came out again mumbling to herself.

"It wont go so easily... its egg.. how can the smell go off just like that.." she said to herself as she walked out of the room now.

"Rishu..!" She called out.

"He has gone to office mam.." the servant came and told her.

"Wow.. so he was staying back just for that.. Thats what I was thinking why he was reading newspaper all dressed up for office.." she mumbled to herself as she walked to the terrace door again to soread the towel for drying. She opened the door and pushed it open with a jerk while still inside the room. She then peeked above to check but there was no container this time. She sighed in relief and stepped out.

She then went to the kitchen still mumbling where she found a dozen egg shells kept on the side. "This boy has hardly changed in this.. Otherwise he is oh-so-mature now.."