Epilogue

Madhu had her eyes closed with a blind fold as she sat beside RK in the car. He was driving and had a persistent smile on his face. He kept looking at Madhu every other minute and his smile got renewed everytime he saw her anxious face filled with innocence. Unlike RK she had a slight frown totally confused as to what suddenly happened to RK and where was he taking her. It had been more than a week since those fateful events, and RK had become all the more caring towards her. Though he had somewhat refrained from coming physically close to her and that confused Madhu even more.

"What are you doing Rishu..? You know I dont like all this suspense.." Madhu said angrily though she didnt seem much.

RK chuckled hearing her. "Yes I know you like to be prepared for everything and anything.. but I like unpredictability" he said. "And besides you are well dressed up for any occasion." He chuckled. Madhu huffed in frustration hearing him.
RK had brought this dress for Madhu. A plain red sari with embroidered border. She was looking stunning and RK couldn't help but sigh everytime he looked at her.

Soon the car stopped. Madhu heard RK getting down and he came running to the other side as he opened the door. He held her hand and guided her out of the car.
"At least tell me now.." Madhu said irritated.

"What.. you didnt take off that blind fold? Take it off.." RK replied back restlessly.

Madhu quickly pulled the cloth off her eyes. And to her shock, she was standing in front of the same temple where she had witnessed one of the worst nights of her life. She froze like a statue as she stared ahead. Images of her pleading self and RK's demonic face scoffing at her, flashed in front of her eyes. She was brought back to her senses when she felt a pull at her hand. She looked at RK scared, her eyes mirrored pleading.

She tried to speak up but her voice didn't come out of her mouth.
"Rishu.." she just whispered.

RK looked at her and understood that what he dreaded has happened. Madhu was scared of this place because of him. He stepped closer to her as he held both her hands lovingly.

"This is for you Madhu.. This is for us.." RK said softly with conviction in his eyes.

"But Rishu.." she mouthed again as she took a step back.

RK held her hand strongly trying to stop her. "Madhu.. I know it was my mistake.. It was me that made your life a hell then.. But I want to erase all of those worse memories. I want that nothing of that night stay in your mind. And this temple is one witness of that unfateful night. Not only the temple even you are scared of this place because it brings back the memories. I want to erase all of that. I want us and all the things present here to remeber our marriage as the true sacred bond. Madhu.. will you marry me.. right here.. right now?" RK knelt in front of her as he said that.

Tears rolled down Madhu's cheek. She wanted to say yes but then again she looked at the temple which looked the same in the dark of the night except that it was decorated beautifully.

"Trust me Madhu.. I wronged you once.. but I promise I won't let any harm reach you ever " He said pleadingly.

Madhu couldn't stand with her dilemma any more. She nodded her head in approval. RK stood up and wiped the wet trail from her cheeks. "I will never let these out of your eyes anymore.." he said as he stared in the her eyes.

Soon the two stood in the temple building. There was fire in the middle and the same pandit sat beside it. Bittuji had also arrived by now. RK held her hand and walked forward as they took circkes around the fire. All the while he looked back at Madhu who had a persistent smile as happy tears kept gracing her face every now and then. She looked as beautiful as he could ever have imagined.