Healing each other

Rishabh and Madhu's drive to their home was a silent one. Though Madhu turned to look at him every now and then but he just stared ahead. Even he didnt know what he was thinking. His life and incidents involving Padmini were flashing infront of his eyes. He remembered Radha who always made RK regard Padmini as his second mother. He never had felt anything amiss between the two. And he remembered Padmini wailing for forgiveness, and she hadnt even actually killed them. His heart as if trying to save Padmini for an instant. She was panicked and the best she could think was an escape. She has been regretting it for seven years.
"I beared this pain of Mohan and Radha's death alone.. knowing that I could have saved them but was too coward to act.. I have been drowning in guilt." He remembered her saying.

But then he remembered his mother and his father. What had they wronged? How much ever guilty Padmini may be but she cant bring back what he lost. He cant ever love her the same way again. He cant ever bear to look at her again.

They reached home and RK stormed into the house and straight to his room. Bittuji who had come back last night itself after Madhu was declared safe by the doctor, stood up worriedly seeing him.

Madhu entered the house behind him though her pace was that of a slow defeated person. She was looking at the floor as if lost in a daze.
"Bhabhiji.." Bittuji came to her.

Madhu looked at him as if jerking out.

"Are you okay now..?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes Bittuji I am fine..." she nodded her head she said in a low tone. Then she looked at the stairs in panic realizing RK had gone to their room, she hurried to him.

"Rishu.." she called as she entered the room.

And there she saw him sitting on the couch defeated as he drank from a large bottle.

Madhu rushed to him. "Why do you have to drink this Rishu.. Just vent out your pain.. Dont drown it in alcohol.." she said pleadingly.

RK looked at her in pain. "Why can't I get peace Madhu?" He asked her helplessly.

She couldn't reply except for the tear that fell from her eye hearing him helpless.

"I want my peace back Madhu... I want to be happy.. I am so tired now.. I cant handle anymore of this.." he said in a tired tone.

"Rishu.." she sat beside him on the floor. "Let's start again.." she said as she broke into a sob herself.

RK looked at her for a few seconds and then nodded his head lost again.

Suddenly he remembered something and picked up his phone. "Bittuji.." he said. "Get some proper food and milk up here.." he said hurriedly.

"Chief I am already here.." Bittuji said as he came in with a servant pushing the trolly with paranthas and milk on it.

RK looked at him. "Dont soar too high in the sky if I say that you are the best.." He said .

Bittuji laughed hearing him. "Okay chief."

Madhu looked at the duo confused. "Whats happening suddenly?" She asked getting suddenly off tracked of her emotions.

"You need to really eat something Bhabhiji.. We got you some heavy paranthas here.."

"Rishu.. dont tell me that milk is for me." She said eyeing the huge glass.

"It is baby.. all for you.." he said smiling slightly even through his pain seeing her behaving like a child.

"Rishu.. but I dont have to drink this.. I am fine see..." she argued.

"If you hadnt been so fragile as to fall unconscious, you wouldn't have to drink it.." he said arguing but that made them both again remember the night and the reason of her faint, the harsh truth that was screaming at their faces.