Unsaid Love

She came to her room after some time and knocked the door. Dipali looked at her and a frown was formed on her face. "What do you want?" She scoffed.

"Just talk.." Madhu said calmly.

She came in and sat beside her. "Dipali... amm.. I know this was a shocker for you and trust me so it was for me... before talking any further firstly I want to ask you something.. Do you love Rishu?" She asked.

" And why should I answer you that?" She replied back angrily.

"Because only I can help you in that matter.. just tell me simply... i am not here to cat fight with you for him.." Madhu said firmly.

Dipali looked down and was even confused what she could do now about it. She nodded her head "yes.. i love him.. but whats the use.. he is married to you now.."

"Thats not the whole of the truth.. he married me but not because he loved me.. its for... for.." Madhu couldn't get herself to say that he married her because her father killed his parents.

"For?" Dipali asked confused.

"Leave that.. the truth is that this marriage is not a reality.. its just a.." Madhu continued.

"Wait a minute... I get it... You are Madhubala Malik right... Daughter of Shamsher Malik?" She asked.

Madhu lowered her head as she nodded in reply.

"And he married you for revenge.." Dipali exclaimed.

"You know..? About my father?" Madhu asked hesitantly.

"Yes... i know.."

"Looks like it was just me who was unaware of that.." she said disappointed.

RK was coming to Dipali's room when he heard Madhu's voice and stopped in his tracks to hear..

"Anyways" Madhu said coming out of that dilemma as this wasnt the time to mourn on Malik's deed again. "So Rishu is.. and has always been my friend.. my best friend.. but never more than that.. Our friendship has always been pure.. and I have cherished it this way.. I dont want to blot this pure relation with any other feeling.. We both havent ever thought about each other any differently. And yes.. Rishu was angry at me because of these circumstances but still misunderstanding and fights happen between friends only.." Madhu said smiling.

It hurt RK somewhere that Madhu had never thought of him more than her friend. And not even after this marriage.

"Dont you love him?" Dipali asked and even RK's heartbeats stopped for a moment to hear that answer.

"I do love him.." Madhu said in a matter of fact tone and RK almost took a breath of relief and a feeling of ecstasy building up in him when Madhu continued. "I love him as my friend.. As the one who was with me since I didnt even know my name.. As my friend who had helped me in my problems and scolded me for mistakes and who considers so much of his right on me that he even married me for the complaints and hatred he had to punish me.. I dont think he would have taken such a drastic step for revenge had it been some other girl.. He did it because he considered his right over me.. as his friend who he thought that time that betrayed him.."

RK closed his eyes in pain. It was true he might not have taken such a step for his revenge had it been some other girl but it was because he had loved Madhu.. all his life.. and may be still loves her as the pain those words of her were causing him.

"But all that hardly matters now that you are already married what would you do?" Dipali asked confused.

"Its just his thirst for revenge.. and in truth even I want revenge.. When this would get over, this fake marriage too would get over.."

RK had had enough. He couldnt bear this marriage to be called fake. He walked off from there.

"Please trust me.. If you and Rishu love each other.. I would never come between you both.." Madhu assured her. Dipali smiled at her and nodded her head as tears of happiness formed in her eyes. "Now eat this.. or you would get weak.. Rishu is yours.."

-------------

After that Madhu came to her room as she thanked God in relief that she was able to convince Dipali. She would never have Rishu's love go away from him just like that.

She entered the room when she found RK standing near the window staring at the sky. "Rishu.." she called out softly. RK turned to her and Madhu was shocked seeing his reddened eyes. It seemed he was drowning his tears.

"Madhu.." he said softly.

Madhu came and stood beside him. "Don't worry Rishu.. I have talked to Dipali and she has understood everything.. Once all this ends.. you both can get united..." Madhu said smiling assuredly at him.

RK clenched his teeth in anger. What brains has she got? She is thinking that he is upset because he wasnt able to marry Dipali. Here he was going to end everything with Dipali and had gone to ask her forgiveness and tell her that he considers Madhu his wife now forever while she is planning to reunite him and Dipali. He stared at her frustrated for a few seconds and then walked out of the room.

"I know Rishu.. you are upset that you did injustice to Dipali and that this revenge game made you forget about your love for her. But I am your friend Rishu.. and I would get you back with your love.." Madhu said to herself in determination.