Truths Unfold

When he entered the door he heard muffled sobs. He knew Madhu was crying. His stride suddenly slowed down. He came across the partition and came to stand beside her couch.

Madhu noticed him and wiped off her tears quickly. She started settling on the couch to sleep.

"Why do you believe me?" RK asked suddenly.

Madhu looked at him confused. She didnt know what he wanted to ask. "What?"

"Why do you believe me that Malik killed mom-dad?" He asked again.

Madhu understood and then looked away.

"I believe my father.." she said slightly.

Thats when RK remembered that even when he had screamed that Malik killed his parents the whole night, she hadnt believed him until Malik himself admitted thats when she realized that he was saying truth. He didnt know why but it did hurt him somewhat.

He nodded slightly and started moving to his bed. "Why do you believe it?" Madhu asked hesitantly.

" Believe what?" He asked back.

"That my father..." she couldnt finish the sentence that he killed his parents but RK understood what she meant.

"I heard it.." he said in a low tone.

Madhu's eyes shot wide open. "You heard it?!" She couldnt believe they were all blaming her father on the basis of just hearsay. "From whom?" She almost exclaimed.

"I heard it myself... I heard him kill them myself.." RK clarified.

Madhu looked at him baffled. He heard him kill them. How can he hear but not see..

RK walked over to her side and sat on the edge of the couch. Due to some reason he wanted to tell her. He looked at her and began taking a deep breath.

Flashback

"Hello.. Rishabh..." Radha said from.the other side.

"Hello girlfriend.." RK replied back.

"If I dont call you, you would never even remember your mother.." she complained.

"Na.. I remember you...I am getting thinner as I am drowned in your memories.." he said dramatically.

"Ahhh you should have joined acting school.. or better.. you should have joined roadside nautankis.." Radha teased him.

"Mom.. you dont value my talent.." RK complained.

Radha laughed heartily hearing him. "Yes very good.."

"You know Mrs Sharma was crying yesterday.." Radha said laughing.

"Bad mom.. you shouldnt laugh on other's sorrow.." RK said acting serious.

"Arey she was crying because her son brought a foreigner girl for marriage.."

"Ooo gori mem.." RK said amused.

"Yes.. but i wont cry if you bring a gori mem" Radha said.

"Nahh mom.. these foreigner girls are so pheeki.. i will bring an indian patakha.."RK said as he remembered Madhu.

"Ohho.. seems like you have seen one..." Radha teased him

"Even you have seen her ma.." he said.

"I think I know whom you are talking about." Radha said smiling as she remembered RK calling Madhu patakha jokingly more than once.

"Is it Rishabh?" RK heard Mohan's voice from behind.

"Yes it is.. you want to talk..?" Radha asked.

"Hello Rishabh.. How are you?" Mohan asked taking the phone.

"I am fine dad.. I hope mom is not bothering you much.." he joked.

"Ahh thats my story since 27 years now beta.. I have no choice but to bow down and let her bother me.." Mohan said dramatically.

"Both of you father-son are drama queens.." RK heard Radha's irritated voice from behind and he chuckled. Just then he heard the doorbell.

"Ohh Rishabh, Malik is here for some important work I will talk to you later.." Mohan said getting serious.

"Sure dad.. Can i talk to Malik uncle..? It been months since I heard him.." Rk said.

"Call him if you feel that way.. Its wrong.. you should keep calling him.. Its bad manners not to look for your elders.." Mohan started scolding him.

"Ohh Dad.. I will call him..." RK said exasperated.

Radha took the phone again. "How do you manage on getting one scolding session everytime you call? I mean some or the other reason crops up right?"

RK chuckled. "I think Dad doesnt feel good unless he scolds me once.."

He could hear Malik and Mohan talking from behind. Suddenly he heard his mother gasp. "Mom.. what happened?!"
Then he heard a gunshot. "Mohan!!" She screamed on top of her voice.

"Malik no.." he heard Radha whisper and then there was another gunshot and Radha gasped again.
"Radha..!" He heard a muffled voice of his father.

"Mom Dad.. what's going on?" RK screamed on top of his voice. "Take care Rishabh.." Radha's weak voice came through the other side and then there was a silence. A silence that killed him.

"Mom.." he managed to speak up gathering courage. He prayed that he hears her voice again but there was nothing but the blankness on other side.

Flashback ends

"The call disconnected and I remember I had gone crazy that night. I had almost ran around my room.. I didnt know what to do. There cant be a worse nightmare for a young son of my age to hear my parents' cries and yet not able to help them. I heard every bit of it. Every gasp of my mother but i couldnt do anything but sit on my bed and wait for what next.. if it had been some other situation Malik would have been the first person I would have called for help. But I couldn't understand whom to call when Malik himself was the man behind it.. I remember I had even banged my head on the wall.. i was so helpless.. i wish i would also have been killed somehow.." RK's voice started breaking and he quited down.

He looked up to see Madhu who was now sobbing though trying to muffle them. He swallowed the lump forming in his throat. He knew how much she loved his parents. He extended his hand and placed it on her head in a way to console her. Madhu couldnt hold herself anymore as she moved to his side and hugged him and burst into cries. RK closed his eyes in pain and patted her head. He felt as if Madhu was crying on his behalf as he had not been able to get that sorrow out of him.

Madhu didnt know why she was crying.not that she had no reason to cry but that she had too many. Firstly it was Radha and Mohan's death they were ralking about. She felt half orphaned in their absence. Second she couldn't even imagine what Rishabh's sitiation would have been hearing them being killed and crying but not able to do anything to save them. She was trembling at the thought of that dreadful night it would have been for her Rishu. And then most importantly, her father was the one responsible for all of this.

"I am sorry Rishu.." she said between her cries. "For not being with you"

RK just hugged her as silent tears fell down his eyes even though he tried to contain it all within himself. He kept his calm and kept all those tears contained within himself. He can never get weak. He wont succumb to his emotions and sit like a girl to cry. He would use this rage not to cry but to avenge.

Madhu dozed off while crying while still bent on RK's chest. He placed her properly on the couch and covered her with a blanket and walked to the bed. He laid down as all the events of that night started flashing in front of his eyes again.