Dreams and Togetherness

Everyone got back the hotel where the family was lodged for the night after the marriage ceremony had concluded. Devi and Tej had changed for the night and were about to retire when they heard the bell of their suit. Devi got up to check. As Devi opened the door, she saw Anokhi stood at the door, she hadn't changed yet.

Tej- Kaun hai Devi? Room service se kuch mangaya tha?

And Devi got back inside with Anokhi, both Devi and Tej looked at each other and then at Anokhi.

Tej- Puttar kya hua? Tumne change bhi nahi kiya?

Anokhi- Wo Bade Papa mein aap dono se aaj ke liye maafi........

Now Tej also got up and came towards Anokhi and stood next to Devi.

Devi- Anokhi, tumhari isme koi galti nahi hai.

Tej- Haan puttar, tu in sab ke baare mein mat soch, teri galti nahi hai, tu jaa kar so jaa.

Anokhi- Bade papa, Badi maa, mujhe sach main pata nahi tha ki Montey aur uski family yahan honge, aur aisa kuch tamasha kar denge. Itne saare relatives and friends ke samne aap logo ki......

Now Tej came to Anokhi and kept his hand over her head to stop her.

Tej- Puttar kuch nahi hua hai, aur hum kisi baat pe sharminda nahi hai, tumne apne liye, apni padhai ke liye, apni aane wale zindagi ke baare mein soch kar sahi faisla liya tha, aur iss baat se koi bhi sharminda nahi hai, tumne puri mehnat ki hai apni padhai mein ye mukaam paane ke liye, garv hai hum sabko tumpe. Mein aur Devi hamesha tere saath hain, aise kisi bhi tamashe se bilkul darne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.

Now Devi came and hugged her from behind and held her tightly.

Devi- Bilkul, aur phir Anokhi toh itni bahadur bacchi hai, haina?

Anokhi just nodded in agreement. And that's when Shaurya came inside seeing the door to the suite half ajar, he had gone to fetch his charger from the car and when he came he found that Anokhi was missing and he had suspected she might be with Badi maa. He knew she had been a little worried about Badi maa and Bade Papa since the incident. And then as he entered he saw that Badi maa was holding Anokhi from her shoulders and caressing her long tresses, while bade papa had been telling Anokhi to smile and not worry about such trivial things.

Shaurya- Mujhe laga hi tha, yeh yahin hogi. Badi maa aap hi ab issko samjhaiye kuch nahi hua hai.

Tej- Yeh toh tujhe samjhana chahiye Shaurya, aur ek baat bata tu Anokhi ko chod ke us waqt kahan gayab tha?

Devi- Tej, ab aap Shaurya ko kyun dant rahe hain?

Tej- Haan toh issne kaam hi dant khane wala kiya hai, Anokhi ko chod ke pata nahi kahan gayab tha.

Anokhi- Nahi Bade papa, Shaurya toh wahin the, wo mein hi ........

Devi- Acha bas bas, bahut ho gaya, jao ab dono jao change karke aaram karo, pehle hi kitni der ho gayi hai. Tej Shaurya ko bekar mein kuch bolne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.

With that both Shaurya and Anokhi wished them for night and left for their suit. Once in the suit, both got changed and then Shaurya saw Anokhi was still lost while folding her clothes and packing them back. In a swift move, he pulled her to him and saw she didn't protest or said anything and he asked.

Shaurya- Anokhi kya hua hai? Tum ab bhi bahut pareshan lag rahi ho.

And now Anokhi looked back to meet his eyes, she looked into his eyes, he could clearly see something serious churning her. He knew she was finding it hard to verbalise whatever was troubling her and then he also knew what was aggravating her mood. He decided to try something else. He left her and went to call over the intercom.