Emotions and Worries

As soon the trio left, the first thing that Shaurya did was he sat on the bed and drew Anokhi in a hug. He had been dying to do this. Both of them needed it. No words, nothing. The hug was itself adequate to calm the storms that had clouded them. Storms of fear, losing each other. After a while Shaurya pulled back, but in his signature style palmed her face between his huge hands, securing his grip on her neck. He kept gliding his thumbs over her cheekbones. He loved doing this to her. Never having admitted it before, but Anokhi too loved it, when he held her like this. The hold so firm and secure, but the touch yet so gentle. It always gave her goosebumps. And Shaurya brought himself closer and looked deeply into her eyes.

Shaurya- Tumhe pata hai, mughpe kya beeti hai in last 36 ghanto main? I couldn't breathe, jab tum paas nahi hoti na, toh mughse bilkul bardaasht nahi hota. Yeh kya kar diya hai mughe?

And he joined his forehead with her. Anokhi too brought her hands to his chest and rested them their. It felt nice. She had missed him, his touch.

 Anokhi- I don't remember much, I was sedated most of the time PS, but the moment I saw you, I felt like someone had sparked life into me. It was like I hadn't been living before that moment. I had this fierce urge to reach you at all costs. I can't put to words, what I felt in that moment, when I reached you. It was euphoria.

Shaurya just let go of the grip, to hug her back and she reciprocated. They sat like that, till attendant came with Soup for Anokhi. Shaurya made way for him to setup the food tray for her. The attendant left. She asked Shaurya to get his food too. They could eat together. He refused and sat opposite her and held the spoon before her. She ate it. More than her, she knew he needed to do this. Once he had fed her, he cleared the table and removed it. She asked him to have his food, but he said, he will have it a little later. She sat back comfortably with her back fully supported. Shaurya sat himself next to her and held her hand, in both his hands. She knew he had so much to share and she waited eagerly. She had seen him with Aastha and Shaan, the whole dynamics between the three of them had changed. They were like normal parents and child. She wanted to share his joy, she knew he had been waiting for it since he had come back.

Shaurya- Anokhi, I have been dying to tell you this, you wouldn't believe, I still feel its my infatuation, but my maa had never abandoned me. She was forced out of my and dad's life. All my life I had hated her so much for her choices in my ignorance, but I always craved for her, I couldn't let go of her essence, you know why because she did the same. She was a constant in my life all the time, but from far. She was there in each and every moment of my life, my birthday's, my annual days, my sports days. She was there. She knew exact details of which event I had participated. She has preserved every small or big belonging of mine, she could get hand on in last 25 years. I saw them all, some of them as old as me maybe. She has them. You know............. (he had a lump, he cleared it several times).

That day on way to Patiala, I just took a small detour to meet her at her college. I had gone with the intend to end the hatred, and maybe build a new cordial relation, for my peace. We spoke about so many things, once we started, there wasn't any full stop. We even spoke about dad. It was so easy to talk with her. You know we have so many things in common. I was so excited to share all that with you, I didn't had heart to go to Patiala. But you know what happened next, she stopped me and asked me to stay at her home, I mean my nana nani's home. And surprisingly I couldn't refuse. It looked like, I was wanting that. And it was the best decision of my life. You know, she made my favourite besan ka halwa.  I had it after 25 years. I met my nana and nani too. That was the first night, I slept without the thought that my own mother had left me behind. I stayed in her home. Next day, she showed me all my belongings that she had kept with her and the truth that I had ignored in my hatred. She had always been there, I just didn't look around properly or far enough. And you know, we both hugged and cried for how long I don't know, but you know everything after it felt so nice. I feel so lighter since then, feels like weights and weights to something I can't name has been lifted off my being. I told you, I didn't feel good. I felt suffocated. But you know, since then I feel so good, liberated, I feel so much more, it is so easier to breathe knowing she missed me like I missed her. You know, I slept in her lap, it feels so nice. I feel home. I had been so wrong with her always. You know I even called her maa. Can you believe it, I call her maa now. You know I hadn't planned to tell her about our marriage yet, I thought maybe you would want to do that. But I couldn't hold it back and blurted it out. And you know she even scolded me for doing that to you, how I did. But unlike other people, she was happy for me, she encouraged me to stand with you and for you, to stand and fight for my love. Just like me she wants this marriage to work. She is happy for me.