Baby Sabherwal

Anokhi had three days back entered her eighth month. And right now it was about 9.30 in the night and she was comfortably sitting in confines of her husband's warm embrace covered in the comforter. They had just made love and were enjoying post ciotal bliss. Shaurya had his both palms rubbing Anokhi's swollen belly trying to calm the baby who was busy playing football inside her womb. They could literally feel and hold baby's little feets. 

Anokhi- Shaurya .......

Shaurya- hmm?

Anokhi- I know you don't have a preference, but I have a feeling that it is going to be a boy.

Shaurya- And how can you say that?

Anokhi- Just my gut feeling.

Shaurya- Madam meri beti bhi toh ho sakti hai footballer .... phir?

Anokhi- I knew it tumhe beti chahiye.

Shaurya- Dekho to be honest, it is doesn't make much difference to me as long as you and baby both are healthy. But definitely if it is going to be a girl, trust me I am telling you in advance, I will love her more than anyone else in this world, even more than you.

Now Anokhi turned back to look at her husband with some fake anger and annoyance. Who was he kidding, no matter who he loved, he was never falling out of love with her. 

Shaurya-  Daughter are true ......... last and forever love of a man. 

Anokhi settled back comfortably in his embrace. The smile now stripped off from her face. Shaurya didn't realise that he had triggered an unpleasant memory for her.

Anokhi- Then I will be so jealous of her, she would have the best father anyone could be blessed with. She will have the whole world conquered for her. I am glad she would come to you.

Shaurya realised where Anokhi had trailed back to, her own father hadn't changed, after 5 years of rigorous imprisonment her brother had been released, and her father instead of making him employed and redeemed individual had again done something weird, recently Anokhi came to know from somewhere that her father had managed to get her brother married of in a very rich family. Apparently they had received huge sums of dowry.  More than being hurt both Anokhi and Babli had felt bad for the girl who had been trapped in this marriage. Shaurya realised what Anokhi meant by what she just said.

Shaurya- Come on Anokhi, you can't be jealous of your own daughter and on the contrary she might be jealous of you and I will have tough time stepping up to shoes of your father. Look at these privacy violations, annoying 8 big teddy bears sitting in our room, that we have because of your pampering dad and that too for a grown up married daughter who is going to be a mother soon. 

Now Shaurya heard Anokhi giggling, he had verbalised his jealousy with these 8 teddy bears ample times to her already. Shaan had been spoiling Anokhi, but honestly maybe he was setting up standards to be a great father and teaching his son about all cute things that girls adored if he happened to be blessed with a daughter. 

Anokhi- I agree. He is the best. He knows really how to pamper a girl. 

Shaurya- Excuse me?

Anokhi- I mean of course you too. And I love you Prof. Shaurya Sabherwal and you don't need to be jealous of Shaan papa or any one in this world, you are just too good to be true, and you are mine forever. 

Shaurya- Do you really think, I will be a good father? especially to a baby girl? I mean they are so small, delicate, beautiful, you have to be really caring, gentle and kind to them, will I be able to protect her, keep her comfortable and secured? How will I learn all that? Will I be ....

Anokhi- Shaurya, calm down, breathe ............................. she is still not here. You don't have to learn that, you are already very caring, doting, gentle and kind. Look at you, how you deal with me and maa, your actions are all driven by your care for us all the time. And about protection, it will all come naturally to you, all these feelings are very natural and will harbour themselves with in you the moment you will hold him or her. And about security and comfortability? You made someone else's daughter so secured and comfortable once she was your wife then how can you not extend all that to your own daughter, she will be most secure and loved in this whole world. You will be there whole world and the baby will love you unconditionally. 

Shaurya- Happy to hear that wifey. But what if we have a baby boy?

Anokhi- I am pretty sure, you will be jealous of him because he could be mama's boy. 

Shaurya- I can live with that, after all we would love the same women, he would be only one I am happy to share you with. 

Anokhi- Really??

Shaurya- Only him.

The next one and the half month passed quickly. Anokhi was due in another 10 days or so but suddenly she left uneasy as the baby's head stuck at an uncomfortable position and on being examined the doctor advised for immediate cesarean delivery as the baby had turned a few times and had stuck the umbilical cord. And in hurry she had to be operated. Shaurya had managed very well during the whole pregnancy but he finally panicked when Anokhi was taken inside for the operation.  It was Aastha who calmed him down and explained him that this was nothing new or abnormal, Cesarean delivery is quite common and safe, in fact he himself was a Cesarean delivery because Aastha had some last minute complications. 

A nervous and worried Shaurya along with Shaan paced the length of the room outside the operation theatre for full 55 minutes before they heard a shrill cry of the baby and 20 minutes later the doctor arrived and gave them and everyone the good news that they had been blessed with a baby boy and the the mother and the child both are doing well and fine. 

Immediate congratulations erupted. Euphoria spread like fire in the family, there were tears of joy in almost all eyes and restlessness to see the baby and the mother as soon as possible.