Jealousy suits you

The internal mid term exams had just finished. And second half on the session had already begun. And quite a few new teacher had joined the college. But two of the newly joined teachers Ms. Kriti Arora and Ms. Nimrat Kaur had been giving heartburns to Anokhi less Mrs. Sabherwal. She felt so agitated, especially when she saw them with Shaurya. She had seen them quite a few times, in fact more than few times, butterflying around her husband. Two days back, when she had seen Ms. Kriti admiring her husband the whole time, when he was presenting the opening speech for the youth festival and on top of that, she had flirted with him too, it had sent her temper soaring. At night while replaying the scene in her mind, she discovered that she felt jealous and possessive too. She thought didn't these two know, that Shaurya was married. Everybody in the college had known, but maybe since they were newly joined, they didn't.  But today, what she saw in the library had left her fuming. Ms. Nimrat had come to the library for some work and when she saw Shaurya was also there, she immediately went to him and sticked with him, but all that was fine until she saw the five casual touches she deliberately shared during her conversation with Shaurya. She had seen it, she had wanted to go and do something, especially to her husband, who didn't notice it or did he? No No, she trusted Shaurya. His body language was completely different when he was with her vs any other female colleague. She left the library, to avoid any impulsive reaction from her, however jealous or childish it felt to her, she never got her personal life in public domain. And she had maintained that decorum since her marriage. Her private life was now more closely guarded and zero details were shared. Even when Reema or Priyanka tried to get some details out, she made sure to not blurt out anything at all. Shaurya was her husband, but here at SIAC he was Professor Shaurya Sabherwal(Director), no one needed to know anything about husband Shaurya, and that is how it remained, she had ensured that no gossip at all floated around.

Once, back at home, she had been in depressing mood. Five was too much, it couldn't be unintentional and then they had been slow and lingering, and then the scene of those touches didn't leave her, they replayed in her mind again and again. When Babli had gotten home, she found Anokhi a little off, she was studying, but she saw she wasn't concentrating at all, she was lost. She tried asking her, but much to her dismay, Anokhi looked in no mood to talk. Then she saw, Anokhi's phone had been blinking and it was on silent mode, she saw Anokhi had gone to her room. It blinked again, and this time it was Shaurya. And it stopped again and then she saw on her screen, it was his 7th call. So she concluded they must have fought.

Babli headed to the kitchen, while she prepared tea for herself, she dialed Shaurya. Shaurya picked.

Babli- Shaurya Ji, this is only to let you know ki Anokhi is fine and you don't need to panic. I don't know, but looks like she is ignoring you. Sorry I didn't wanted to intervene, but then I thought, you might get worried, if she doesn't pick.

Shaurya- But hua kya hai?

Babli- Yeh to aap bata sakte hain? How can I? Aap dono ke beech ki baat hai, please aap mujhe beech main mat daliye. 

Shaurya- Babli Ji, mujhe sach main nahi pata. I met her in the morning, tab tak to sab theek tha. Achanak kya hua hai? Aap please phone dijiye usko.

Babli- Nikki..... Nikki (And Anokhi came)

Anokhi- Bol di

Babli- Shaurya Ji ka phone hai, baat karni hai.

Anokhi- To tujhe call kyon kiya hai?

Babli- Aab jab tu apna phone nahi utha rahi toh, mujhe hi karenge na. Teri ladai hui hai?

Anokhi- Ek minute di, main unka phone kyon nahi uthaongii. Call kiya kya unhone? Mera phone kahan hai?

Now Babli and Shaurya who was listening all this, everyone was confused. Anokhi took the phone from Babli.

Anokhi- Sorry, mujhe pata nahi chala apne phone kiya tha. Shayad silent pe tha.