Settling the score

Another few days later, the entrance exams results had also started pouring in, Anokhi had cracked almost all the exams and then after a very careful consideration and advice from her husband had chosen to pursue her Masters from Chandigarh University, in specialization of her choice. And the thrilling part was that Aastha again would be teaching her one of the subject in the second semester. Both Shaurya and Shaan had together mercilessly teased the two of them for this especially for the excitement that both Aastha and Anokhi showed on getting to know this. Anokhi had joined the masters program and things were going well, it was almost end of her first semester.

It was Saturday tomorrow and also Aastha's birthday. It was almost midnight and Shaan had just woken up Aastha and presented her with a beautiful pink carnations bouquet and a small gift box beautiful wrapped with a handwritten note and kissed her forehead.

Shaan- Happy Birthday Noor ......

And they heard a knock on the door. Shaan knew it had to be Shaurya.

Shaan- Dhat teri ki ..... pakka tumhara beta hoga.

Aastha rolled her eyes at him. Another knock was heard.

Shaan- not excused, get out of the door.

And with that Shaurya banged open the door and spilled inside, he had a beautiful white lilies bouquet in his hand and then Anokhi appeared from behind him with a cake in her hand.

Shaurya gave the bouquet to Aastha, and kissed on top of her head.

Shaurya- Happy Birthday maa.

Anokhi placed the cake on the bed and wished her.

Anokhi- Happy Birthday maa. Now come on let's cut the cake.

Aastha was smiling but was also a little overwhelmed. Anokhi placed a candle in the centre and lighted it up and gave her a knife. Shaurya held her hand and gestured her to cut the cake, Aastha looked at Shaan who gestured her to blow the candle first.

Anokhi- And maa, you need to make a wish before you blow the candle.

And Aastha made a wish, it wasn't hard to guess what she would have asked for, happiness of these three people in her life. And then she blew the candle and cut the cake, while three of them sang happy birthday for her in low voices, she first fed Shaan then Shaurya and finally Anokhi, in return all fed her back.

Shaan- The cake is very nice.

Shaurya- Of course mein banaya hai, wo toh hoga hi.

Both Aastha and Shaan eyed him skeptically. He felt a little shy now.

Shaurya- Okay okay, I just helped and she made it. (Pointing to Anokhi)

Aastha- Anokhi bahut hi accha hai.

Shaurya- Please thoda toh credit mujhe bhi jaata hai.....

Shaan- Haan of course Anokhi ko tang karne ke liye, I am sure Anokhi he won't have helped instead messed.

Anokhi- Ji papa.

Shaurya- What Ji..... haan what Ji, I didn't trouble at all.

Anokhi- he didn't trouble at all, he just kept me company. Actually Babli Di se video call karke banaya, that's why it so nice, she makes the best cakes.

And then Shaurya eyed the gift that was kept next to Aastha.

Shaurya- Maa, why didn't you open the gift? Must be dad? Let's see what he got?

Shaan- Koi zaroorat nahi hai. Where is your gift Shaurya?

Shaurya- Woh abhi .......

Shaan- Dekha, he just wants to see my gift, so that he can get a better one.