Frills and after

Anokhi was escorted to her and Shaurya's room which was decorated very beautifully. This was her first time in his room. Over last year, she had seen it over the video calls, but it was virtual. She saw it was huge and had minimal decor, she loved it. She immediately saw that Shaurya had got a study table and books almirah for her, he was such a doting and caring husband. While she looked around the room she saw, he had sticky notes for her everywhere, on her new study table, on the bookshelf, on empty half space on the dresser for her, on empty cupboards for her, on empty shoe rack for her, on the switches for light, fan, air conditioner control, also there were a multiple sticky note on the mirror with password to the wifi, password to the locker, password to his laptop, password to his Ipad and desktop. Anokhi couldn't stop herself from verbalising 'How could one resist from falling for such a man?' He had gone lengths to make her comfortable and homely. Then she saw her luggage was already parked, or put up on a stool for her convenience, these small gestures meant so much, how warm and eager were the family to be with her and make her homely. And then next to the mirror on the blazer stand she saw her and Shaurya's reception attire placed. On the desser below the mirror she saw a lot of jewellery boxes placed. It had her jewellery for the reception. She wondered where was Shaurya, it was almost 6 pm and they had to be ready for the reception by 7.30 pm. Unlike shaadi, this was reception and it had a time that was 8 to 10.30 pm. The saree for her reception had been a gift that Aastha and Shaurya had chosen for her, she saw it was beautiful banarsi golden saree with magenta twirls of small delicate flowers woven all over it. Her sister and girl gang including Aastha and Gayatri here had been over enthusiastic over her wardrobe for the wedding and reception, so she had given them full control to decide everything and here they had done their best, while Babli took care of her wedding look, the Sabherwal ladies took care of the reception. She saw everything saree, jewellery and footwear had been placed for her. She felt blessed and fortunate to have found such a man and thanks to him she had this family now, it was her own. 

Shaan and Aastha were the best parents, the love and care they showered on her left her overwhelmed. Of course she found a great friend and bhabhi in Kanchan, two cute sister in laws who kept her in sync with all the new hypes and niche things about fashion and style and of course gossip. That incident with Kitty had actually had a profound effect on both Bebo and Kitty and they had learned a great lesson for life, and they had formed a very healthy and chick bond with Anokhi. It was best of two worlds, where everyone had learned to respect the choices and likes of the other without being judgemental. And all four of them together made good fun of Shaurya, even sometimes teased him too.

She was caught in her thoughts when she saw felt two arms from behind her came and engulfed her, she knew it was Shaurya.

Shaurya- Welcome home Mrs. Shaurya Sabherwal. Apne kitna intezaar karya mujhe, finally aap apni jagah aa hi gayi, how do you feel to be here?

Anokhi- meine?

Shaurya moved both of them towards the mirror and both saw their reflection, he still held her from back in his embrace, he loved how well her dainty frame fit in his arms. He started helping her out of the jewellery, he was sure it must be hurting and irritating her.

Shaurya- I know, it wasn't you, but I wouldn't have liked it any other way, it was worth the journey we took to be here today, every moment was phenomenal.

Shaurya had freed her of all the excessive big jewellery pieces from her hands and hair, he had freed her hair from the bun that was tightly holding them together and they fell cascading like a  waterfall.

Anokhi- Thank You, for making it so special and joyous.

Shaurya- Mrs. Sabharwal, aapse maine kitni baar kaha hai, if you want to thank me, you should do it my way.