A little ahead......

Over the last two months, both Shaurya and Anokhi almost fought every second or third day, they couldn't do without it for too long. Sometimes the reasons were legitimate while other times not so. Devi had tried to intervene and put more petrol by instigating Shaurya at such moments and had been a little successful on two instances when Shaurya blew up a little, but Anokhi had always been the sober and calmed one, she delicately handled it and finally after making up for one such fight one night, extracted a promise out of him that no matter how angry he would get with her, he can't go silent on her and neither will he deny hugging her in bed when going off to sleep, essentially it meant he couldn't abandon his bedroom to go and sleep anywhere else. Shaurya had smirked and promised her, his wife was intelligent girl, she knew if she hugged him all his anger and annoyance will anyway drain off no matter how angry he would be. And that's how the ritual started only for him to realise a few weeks later that he needed the same promise from her too.Though most of the times it was Anokhi who closed on quickly after the fight no matter who started it but there were exceptions and for those he too needed the same promise from her, though she never left the bedroom. Another thing that he had realised and had known since over a month now was that whenever during the sleep Anokhi felt cold because of the AC temperature, she would always navigate closer to him in the sleep to get warmth from him and then would sleep very comfortably. And on those instances when she would be angry with him and sulk and would not hug him to sleep, he would conveniently lower the AC temperature and automatically she would navigate to him in her sleep.

So one fine night, he extracted the same promise from her,  they had just fought in the morning and then had made love to make up and then while he still had her completely pinned under him, he asked her.

Shaurya- Mrs. Sabherwal why didn't you promise me back the same, back then when you made me promise?

Anokhi just looked away towards the side and gave a small smile. Shaurya held her from her jaw and made her look back in his eyes.

Shaurya- tell me wifey?

Anokhi - Because you aren't a choice or an option to me. Promise or no promise, rings or no rings, flowers or no flowers, this relationship and you are sanctified for me Mr. Husband. I can't move away, I can't be anywhere else, I won't be anywhere.(And then she teased him, she scrolled down her finger from his forehead to his nose to his mouth to his neck till she could as he had her pinned under him ) But can't be sure about same for you? What if you go over to Ms. Kriti or Ms. Nimrat for attention and appreciation ....... 'handsome young Professor Shaurya Sabherwal', that what they like calling you?

Shaurya just gave a small excited jerk to his head and looked intensely back at her.

Shaurya- Uff.... Wifey, tumhari isi adaa pe toh main har dum fida hoon.

And he went back in the crook of her neck to nuzzle and bite her there. Anokhi just squirmed under the onslaught of his naughty ministrations on her neck while his hands were creating havoc somewhere else.

Shaurya- wifey, tumse pehli baar bhi yehi hi bola tha, I don't mind repeating, main sirf tumse pyaar karta hoon, I love you, you stupid girl, main kisi aur ke baare main soch bhi nahi sakta, promise or no promise, Mrs. Sabherwal, phaas gayi ho tum for lifetime with me.

Anokhi- Acha dekte hain, what if mein tumhari koi bhi baat na maano tab bhi?

Shaurya- Haan tab bhi ......

Anokhi- Agar mein roz ladai karon, jagda karon, tumpe chilaon

Shaurya- tab bhi .......

Anokhi- Agar main ....... har wo cheez karo jo tumhe irritate karti hai