18

Chapter 18

Lucas' POV

It's been a year since Nat and I have been together. To be honest, when she messaged me after the week we hadn't talked made me nervous. I had a feeling that she lost interest— it's not like we had a relationship that time but she said that she also likes me and she was giving me signals that's giving me hope that maybe... she also loves me, so I'm holding onto that.

The moment she told me to stop courting her wasn't surprising since I expected it already. 'Cause if I still have a chance why would she ghost me for a week, right?

I chose not to voice out my thoughts that time, it's her choice after all. I was already down at that time, I even wanted to tell her that I'll go now since she already told me about the thing she wants to tell me, but that was until she told me that 'I' don't want her boyfriend.

I mean? When did I say that I don't? But then I realized that that was her way of saying yes to me. Whenever I reminisce about that exact moment there's no doubt that it would make my day.

Charlotte Natasha, my girlfriend. I'm her boyfriend and I'm hers. Just wow. I can't find words to describe how I feel.

We're second year college students now. Our relationship has been going for almost 2 years already, and our love is still going strong.

Fortunately, she got to her dream university. She's a psychology student. I also got a scholarship from a university not so far from hers. I am a pre-med student majoring in Biology. We're always busy doing some readings so we usually spend our Sunday together, studying.

"Love!" I heard Nat called.

I'm at her university to pick her up. It's Friday and every Friday we would spend our time together hanging out until Saturday and sometimes until Sunday depending on our schedule.

Nakatayo ako at nakasandal ang likod sa kotse habang nakatingin sa kanya. She was running towards me, smiling. She looks so beautiful.

I welcomed her with open arms. Happiness filled me when I felt her embrace.

"I love you," I whispered.

She giggled, I was caught off guard when she pecked a kiss on my lips. "My love, I love you." she said.

We hugged there for a few more minutes before we decided to head to my condo.

"Love," she called. I wasn't able to answer immediately because I was focused on the road. "Babe," she called again.

I chuckled, "Yes, love?"

She grinned, "I want Lasagna..." she pleaded.

I chuckled. She does love Lasagna. She doesn't eat that much. In fact she won't eat unless you asked her to, especially rice, so it makes me happy when she requests food herself.