39

Chapter 39

My hands were trembling as I immediately wrapped my arms around his nape, with my face resting on the nook of his neck.

"I'm sorry..." I muttered.

I didn't know anything about my mother offering him money. That's why. That's why he was scared. That's why in some events he chose not to attend, especially when my mother would be there.

Wala rin naman nabanggit si mama tungkol doon.

Well, of course, why would she?

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Nat. I understand. I lied so it's enough reason for you to suspect me, but I want you to know that I would never do that." he said, caressing my back.

"You lied because you don't want me to confront my mother." I told him.

"Because we already talked it through, we're okay now. If I told you, you would confront her more, I don't want that. My mind was so dark and full of terror that time. The more I think about those things the more intrusive thoughts I'll have." mahinang sagot niya sa akin at pahigpit ng pahigpit ang yakap niya.

I let out a heavy sigh as my hand started to caress the back of his head. "I'm so sorry..." I whispered to his ear.

"Shh... there's nothing to be sorry about." mahinang sabi niya sa akin at dahan-dahang tinanggal ang pagkakayakap sa akin para makita niya ang mukha ko.

Tears were still falling from my eyes. Using both of his thumb, he softly wipes my tears.

He's so selfless. I should be the one comforting him but look at us now. Siya pa rin nag co-comfort.

We stayed there on the sofa, sitting while softly talking to each other.

"I'm so proud of you, Nathan," I sighed, blankly staring at the ceiling.

I felt him smile, my back was resting in his chest while his arm was around my waist and his left hand was caressing mine so I turned my gaze to him.

I was surprised when he planted a kiss on my forehead. "Those six words made my heart burst from happiness... It's so satisfying to hear." he smiled at me. "I've been longing for you to say that... It's worth the wait."

My baby.

I'm always proud of him. Especially that he's still alive today... he fought a lot of battles alone and that's already a big achievement.

I don't know what to feel when he said that tattooed the nickname he made for me on his left wrist. It is 'nat' with a semicolon next to it and half of the wing of a butterfly. He told me that he did it because it was the only way for him not to harm himself.

n a t ;3