Scene 3 - Marineville

We open back up to the shot of Marineville from a far range, before cutting to a closer shot of looking up to the tower. Now, we look inside and see Atlanta at her desk standing up as Commander Shore drives up to her to ask a question. He holds a folded up paper in his hand.

Commander:

Well Atlanta, any further developments with regards of the Arctica plant?

Atlanta:

No, father. No change. We're still on course for tomorrow.

Commander:

I see Altanta. Well, keep me informed of more news.

Atlanta:

Yes sir.

Commander:

It would be a great cause for the military of the world, not just the WASPs. That stuff is very hard to come by. Of our vessels, only a small handful are made of that stuff. We're very fortunate to have it.

We hear somebody has entered into the control room, and then we see it is Troy Tempest.

Troy:

You wanted to see me, sir?

The Commander laughs a little bit and smiles at Troy.

Commander:

Yeah, Troy. Looks as though as I may have a special assignment for Stingray. It's about the plant at Arctica mining for substances of cahelium.

Troy:

Yes sir?

Commander:

Well, it's like this. It has been arranged that very special people are going to be visiting Arctica for the penetration tomorrow. One of which is a famous British aristocrat, and the other perhaps has one of the best minds in the world to date.

Troy:

A British aristocrat and one of the best minds in the world to date?

Commander:

That's right Troy. They will be arriving later today and be joining us for Atlanta's party with Dr Moxax. It has been arranged through a very special associate who used to serve under my command, Troy. He asked about sending a few friends there, one for the publicity of it, and the other for the scientific implications regarding the drilling.

Troy:

I see then Commander. But who could it be?

Commander:

Ah now that I have promised to keep secret until he came. He's quite a prankster, Troy. He never misses a trick.

Troy:

Well, the more the merrier Commander. Well, can I know who the pair he is sending with him tonight?

Commander:

I'll give you a hint. The scientist is an engineer who was partly involved in the completion of the British Orbital Highway.

Troy:

Hay, the highway that those people were killed on earlier this month. Yeah... it was that Hiram K Hackenbacker. You mean he's coming to Marineville?

Commander:

That's it Troy. And the other I'll tell you, because it is a hard one to crack – it is none other than Lady Penelope of Creighton Ward. And boy it will make a lot of publicity for sure...