Scene 31 - Cutting Out

We see Gordon holding the laser gun. They are underwater because water has filled in and seeped into this corridor. After this corridor, they would be inside the control room. Gordon is already one quatre of the way through the burning door. He communicates through a radio in his diving gear to the other Thunderbirds and Troy. The laser burns through the door. It is not a fire beam and therefore can still work in water.

Gordon:

Marina found an entrance into one of the corridors nearby. We're cutting through the door. We have only one more door to burn through and then we're through.

Scott:

F.A.B. Gordon!

The glass cracks again, and some water is spurting through. The others remain silent and continue to remain nervous.

Penelope:

Everybody, back against towards the door. It's the safest space.

The entire complex shakes angrily, knocking everyone down to the ground or against the wall. The thick cracks deepen! Gordon quickly gets up and continues cutting through – now halfway through.

Troy:

We need to get through this door faster. Or we're going down with the ship.

More water is seeping into the control room from the cracks! Gordon is now nearly complete!

We've got to get this door down now! Forget the small bit there!

Both Gordon and Troy, using all their strength, push down the door and they are revealed to another corridor filled with water! They see the entrance into the control room. The water has infiltrated through small cracks that have been cracked in by the unstable shaking. CRUNCH! BOOM! The base shakes again.

Marina, see if you can find any rubble that can block up those cracks!

Gordon:

Troy, set up that door again. That will give them less water to drown them in! You know how unpredictable water can get!

The controls of the base begin frying with more electricity and begin smoking. More water from the glass drips in. There are more crunching and thundering explosions around the complex as Arctica hangs in balance. Gordon begins cutting through the door.

Dimplex:

They've made it!

Brains looks down at his watch and sees Gordon in his underwater gear. We can cut from Gordon outside to Brains on the other side of the door.

Gordon:

Brains, we're outside now! As soon as I cut through this door, water is going to gush in. Troy, Marina and I are going to throw in the water gear. And you have to put them on as quickly as possible!

Brains:

F.A.B!

Arctica has begun tilting slightly as a result of the crumbling ground. Troy pushes the door back up, and Marina has blocked up the cracks of water. Around Arctica, the ground explodes! KABOOM! KAPOW! BOOM! Some more water has leaked in from the glass into the control room, as the glass bulges dangerously! Gordon is now halfway through, and more water begins seeping through the door. It spreads across the room, and then the force of it helps Gordon cut through quicker! He is done much quicker, and the door is blown down! As a sea of water thrashes in, Gordon chucks the breathing apparatus at them.

Gordon:

Quickly, put this on! Now let's get out of here!

They all quickly attach the apparatus on, as the water gushes to the control console!

Bagby:

The console!

Dimplex:

Hay, you're right! Everybody, out!

As the room fills with water quickly, all their breathing gear is attached, and they quickly swim back the way they came. The glass eventually smashes up! CRASH! SMASH! The ocean rushes in, and the control console makes the water become electrified! DDDDDZZZZZZ!!!!! Troy and Gordon push down the previous door again so they can all escape! CRASH! KABOOM! KAPOW! The entire complex and the ground folds in on itself. KAPOW! KAROAR! KAROAR! The ground swallows it up and with a raging explosion, engulfs the complex up as it sinks into the depths of the Earth. CRASH! KABOOM! Thunderbirds 1 and 2 hover above high in the sky as the explosions on the sea result in a raging tidal wave!

Scott:

Hay Gordon, are you alright? Thunderbird 1 to Thunderbird 4, come in!

We hear Gordon call out on the radio. There are alternating shots of Thunderbird 4, Stingray, and Thunderbird 1. Brains, Parker, and Lady Penelope are aboard Thunderbird 4, and the others are aboard Stingray. Those who have been swimming in the sea are soaking wet. The Professors hold WASP guns against the Doctor.

Gordon:

Receiving you loud and clear Thunderbird 1. We all made it in time.

Penelope:

Although Gordon, I must complain that now some of our finest clothes are now soaking wet.

Parker:

Ugh. And it will be a difficult job getting it back to just the way you like it, m'lady.

Troy:

We have the Doctor here, Thunderbird 1. We will be taking her back to Marineville.

Scott:

Sure thing Stingray. We will be returning to Marineville with you. Well done everyone. See you at your base, Stingray!

Thunderbirds 1 and 2 blasts off to the right of the screen, as the WASP Interceptors follow. The USN Sentinel glides along the sea as we see all of this in one single shot. We cut to a shot of Thunderbird 4 and Stingray rising up and spinning around to return to Marineville...