Scene 17 - Apology

We are back inside the party. Dr Moxax is now under pressure as she is questioned in the group by Brains, Lady Penelope, Parker, Phones, Atlanta, Fisher, and Commander Shore.

Moxax:

Honestly, I swear I did nothing to her.

Commander:

Then why did Marina suddenly rush out? I think you have a lot to answer for, Doctor.

Moxax:

Well none of you seems to be so angry when Marina bit and slapped me? Can't you see she is trying to cover up for it by running out apparently upset? Or are you just being biased because Troy likes her?

Gordon, Troy, and Marina have all returned.

Troy:

Well Doctor, I think you owe Marina an apology.

Moxax:

Not unless she apologizes to me first.

She begins to feel faint, touching her head.

I... I feel so... dizzy. I...

Troy:

Come on, you don't really expect us to really be fooling for that trick, do you?

Commander:

You know Doctor, you are one of the rudest and most arrogant and self-opinionated people that I have ever had the disservice to encounter in my lifetime. I think the Captain is right, and you should apologize for upsetting Marina.

Moxax:

Commander Shore, I am a very busy woman. I have little time to be busy with petty quarrels as this is what has turned into. Now it is time that I retire to my quarters.

Commander:

Now hold it just a minute, this is my base, and you will follow Marineville regulations and orders! I can still put you under arrest and throw you behind bars and throw away the key!

Moxax:

But I know you wouldn't do that Commander because you need me to ensure that tomorrow runs smoothly.

Troy:

Let her go, Commander. She's done enough trouble as it is.

Gordon:

Hope you had a nice time!

Dr Moxax leaves. A bad atmosphere is left at the party.

Fisher:

Gee. What a nasty piece of work. Guess I feel bad for you too Atlanta for her ruining your party. We were having such a good time.

Atlanta:

Oh forget about her. She's a troublemaker, and she's done enough done damage in one day.

Gordon:

Well, I also feel bad for you Hiram, and you Lady Penelope. You have to put up with her for tomorrow.

Brains:

Err, don't worry about us, erm, Gordon. W-we can look after ourselves...