Scene 8 - Arctica Arrival

We open back up with the view of Arctica base from the exterior. The Doctor watches from the window a Terror Fish swimming outside. Now, we watch the Terror Fish swarming outside and hiding in between the rocks and marine vegetation. They hurry along and hide in well-covered areas. Dr Moxax cannot even see them herself. The radio on the main console turns on. We hear Troy's voice.

Troy:

Arctica Base from Stingray. Arctica Base from Stingray, approaching you from the south west. Do we have clearance to proceed inside?

Moxax:

This is Dr Moxax Stingray. You have permission Captain Tempest.

Troy:

P.W.O.R.

We see Stingray descending down to the ocean bed. Phones holds his hydrophones (no pun intended) as he carefully listens to a sounding. Marina comes up to Troy.

Got something Phones?

Phones:

I think I'm picking up a sounding. In front of us.

We see Stingray close in slower.

It's behind these rocks. Extending the radius.

Stingray slows down even further.

Troy:

I'm taking her down Phones. I don't like this. Marina, can you feel something unusual?

She nods yes.

Phones:

Skipper, I'm detecting more vessels in the area. They're in the rocks and seaweed hiding.

Troy:

How many?

Phones:

I can't tell. But at the way we were headed, we looked like we were heading directly into all of them.

Troy:

I see. Marina, do you feel the same?

Marina nods yes.

That settles it. Arctica from Stingray, we suspect there is a multitude of crafts in your vicinity. Please confirm.

Moxax:

No Stingray. Nothing.

Troy:

Then have your defences on stand by. There are some crafts out here that we don't like the sound of.

The Terror Fish begin moving around to create a bigger space for them to attack in.

Phones:

Troy, they're moving out. Some are headed this way.

Troy:

How many do you reckon there are in total?

Phones:

I'd say about ten.

Troy:

Take evasive action!

Three Terror Fish move up and swarm to attack Stingray!

Phones, fire Sting Missiles! We're under attack!

Stingray launches forward, and four missiles are fired in total. Two hit a Mechanical Fish each. BANG! BANG! The other retaliates and fires a missile at them. Stingray spins around a narrowly misses. The other Terror Fish launch up and pursue after Stingray!

Taking evasive action, Phones! Marina, hang on tight!

Stingray spins around as the third Mechanical Fish zoom towards them. They both fire their missile, but they collide. BOOM! The others move in quick! Stingray rapidly fires its ammo out towards the Terror Fish. Three of them are hit! BANG! POW! KABANG! The other five narrowly miss.

We need to get away from Arctica. One of our missiles would blow it to smithereens!

Phones:

Troy, we can't find against them! There are too many coming at once!

Troy:

I've got an idea!

Stingray quickly hurries back the way it came as the five other Terror Fish speed after! We see a monument of rocks on the ocean bed. Stingray hides at the bottom of the other side it came from and waits for the Terror Fishes all to pass. Then, the craft hurriedly rises up and fires missiles. BANG! BANG! BANG! The other two escape away. Stingray pursues the one that dodged away to the left, and the craft rapidly fires a missile at it and the Terror Fish is destroyed! KABOOM!

Phones:

Troy, behind!

The Terror Fish closes in from behind and fires a missile. Stingray launches upwards to the surface as the missile disappears.

Troy:

Acceleration, rate six! Pull her up when I say so Phones!

We get a shot, like in the opening titles, of Stingray launching up from the sea, and rises up some height up because of her fast velocity. The craft then pivots itself backwards so it tips enough so the front of the craft can dive back into the ocean and speed downwards. An aircraft could do something similar just in the sky. Now, Stingray speeds back up to the Terror Fish and the confused Aquaphbians we see inside. They gurgle their alien language and turn the craft around. We see Troy frown and shouts to Phones...

NOW!

A missile is launched from Stingray. From the view of inside the Terror Fish, we see the missile rapidly closing in to kill them! The Aquaphibians squirm, shout, and panic.

Aquaphibian:

SOORKEM OIEMENNCID DDKMSNCJDKSD JKSSKKDJN HDN!!!!!!!

KABOOM! KAPOW! The explosion bursts up from the sea – KABANG! Waves ripple and burst off across the ocean. Now, Stingray returns back to the direction it was meant to be headed for.

Troy:

Stingray to Arctica Base, all Terror Fish completely destroyed. Are we clear to enter inside?

Moxax:

Stingray, you are clear.

Phones:

Wasn't much of a heads up, was it?

Troy:

No. But those ships were there to ambush us. And we would have walked straight into it. If those Mechanical Fish are here, then Titan is involved!

Phones:

Are we going to be ok entering into Arctica? I mean, there might be more Aquaphibians inside.

Troy:

We'll handle it Phones. We always have been able to outsmart Titan. I guess we'll just have to watch our step. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to report this to Marineville.

We see Stingray arriving unharmed at the complex and a little way from the main complex, connected with a small grey tube, is another grey square compound. The top opens, and this allows entrance for submarines to enter and park. Stingray slowly approaches the area and descends downwards inside. Once closed up, the water is pumped out, and once this has been completed, a shaft opens inside so Troy, Marina, and Phones can enter through. They were about to meet with Dr Moxax...