Scene 20 - Awaiting

We see the Terror Fish beginning to arrive some distance away from the complex. They hide in holes in the rocks, behind and in seaweed, as well as on the ground. They effectively camouflage themselves in and switch off their engines, making the lights on the eyes turn off too. All the Terror Fish were now craftily blending into the surroundings. This includes Titan's ship. We are now inside with X20.

Titan:

Good. We are far enough from here. We have arrived in perfect time. Now that our engines are non-operational, they will not be able to track us as crafts.

X20:

Look, here comes Stingray!

We see Stingray passing over them. Inside, Phones does not hear any form of sounding at all, completely oblivious to the fact that Titan is so very close to them. Stingray, from Titan's and X20's view, is now well past them.

The temptation of blasting them down now is far too strong, mighty Titan!

Titan:

Be patient, X20. Be patient. They are now setting their bate for the trap. We will be informed when to make our move.

Stingray has now begun to approach Arctica. We hear Professor Dimplex's voice on the radio.

Troy:

Stingray to Arctica Base, are we clear to enter?

Dimplex:

Stingray, you are clear to proceed.

We see the same footage as before. Stingray approaches the hanger which opens up and descends down into it. Meanwhile, Titan waits for his moment to strike.

Titan:

Soon Tempest, you and your aqua Marina will be dead.

We are back inside the power plant control room with the Doctor, Professors, the Stingray crew, Penelope, Parker and Brains.

Troy:

Well Lady Penelope, Mr Hackenbacker, hope you have a good time here. But we need to be heading back to Marineville.

Penelope:

I quite understand, Troy. We will be perfectly fine down here. And thank you.

Troy:

Don't mention it. Call us if you need us. So long!

The Stingray crew have left. Moxax has slipped over to the control console where she has, without anyone else's knowledge, deactivated the defence systems again through the same device.

Bagby:

Well, fellow guests, welcome to Arctica. Penetration to Cahelium source is now in twenty-three minutes. If there are any questions you would like to ask, then by all means ask the Doctor, Professor, and me. I'm sure you must all be very interested in Arctica's processing...

Moxax:

Professor, may I remind you who is in command of this operation?

Bagby:

Yes Doctor. Sorry Doctor.

Moxax:

That's better. I have put my life and soul into achieving something as great as today. Don't screw it up!

Penelope:

Well, erm, had we better get on with the processing, Doctor?

Moxax:

Yes. Yes of course. Please, take as much time as you like inspecting our controls and systems. Professor Bagby and Dimplex, give them space. And I myself will explain everything you need to know. If you would make sure you didn't touch any of the controls either.

Brains:

Oh, of c-course n-not, Doctor. Go ahead.

Moxax:

Large deposits of cahelium were accidentally discovered here five years ago by our smallest unmanned undersea submarines. However, because of the great depth down, the little space that we could get through to, and the close range it has to the core of the Earth, the operation meant that a special automated processing plant had to be constructed.

Parker:

Keeping as simple as possible, this entire system runs automatically by computers and all, right?

Moxax:

Right. It's a fully automated system and we are here merely to keep everything in order and ensure there are no errors of calculations. Then, we will take over and correct it.

Dimplex:

Penetration now nineteen minutes. Nearly there now!

Brains:

Could you be more sp-specific on the technical side of the o-operation, Doctor?

Moxax:

I'm afraid those details are classified information. But as you can deduce from the monitors, we have now a very short time until penetration into the Cahelium source. Once we are through, special grabs, suction equipment, and other various means of collecting the cahelium will be enforced to collect our goods which will be delivered and stored in a container not too far from the control room.

Penelope:

Is the source of the cahelium currently in a water-based terrain?

Moxax:

No thank goodness. That will make the collection and drilling far easier. Otherwise we could drill a hole into the sea that could seep into the core of the Earth and blow us all up.

Stingray is now leaving Arctica, and zooms away back to Marineville, as the crew are still totally unaware of Titan's presence.

Titan:

Good. Now Stingray has left, Dr Moxax will have completed her operation and drilling very soon. All is beginning to fall into place very nicely, X20...