Scene 30 - Pod 4

Thunderbird 2's jets blast downwards. More stock footage can be reused if wished. The smoke clears, and Thunderbird 2 drops the pod. SPLASH! Thunderbird 2 blasts away. The flap to Pod 4 opens and a ramp is elevated down. Gordon looks triumphant as Thunderbird 4 blasts down into the ocean. It heads down and down and down until it carefully approaches the crumbling Arctica. Stingray begins to approach up to Thunderbird 4 too.

Gordon:

Thunderbird 4 to Stingray, it looks like we need to come up with a solution pretty quick. The only way I see that we can get through is that we get our laser equipment and cut them out.

Troy:

One problem, Thunderbird 4. They don't have access to any oxygen suits.

Gordon:

Yeah. That's true. Unless we hand some over to them.

Troy:

Wait a second, Gordon, is that you?

Gordon:

It very much is, Troy.

Phones:

You're a member of International Rescue? This is what you've been doing ever since you left the WASPs.

Thunderbird 2 hovers closely to Thunderbird 1.

Virgil:

Gordon, we need a solution and fast. The area around Arctica is crumbling fast.

Gordon:

Virgil, I think I may have it. Troy, you and I will swim across to Arctica and head through the corridors with breathing apparatus.

Troy:

Their entrance is sealed. How can we pass it through to them without flooding the control room?

Gordon:

Then we will have to block where the water is coming from. If we can.

Thunderbird 4 lands on the ocean bed, as close and as safe from the crumbling base. Stingray remains hovering above. The crumbling deteriorates further, as the glass is ready to crack. The people in the control room still keep their heads cool, and we see Gordon heading out from Thunderbird 4 in his underwater suit with the portable laser beam equipment and breathing apparatus. Troy has his gear on as well and holds more breathing gear with him. Marina is with him.

Troy:

I'm going out now Phones. Are you coming Marina?

She nods yes.

Ok. We could do with an extra pair of hands.

The crumbling crunches loudly, as rocks begin tumbling through the cracks. Troy and Marina meet up with Gordon.

Gordon, I can't believe that you are really...

Gordon:

Troy, no time for that now. Come on.

They hurriedly swim towards the base. Thunderbirds 1 and 2 remain hovering.

Virgil:

Scott, is there anything we could do to help keep the base secure?

Scott:

I doubt it Virgil. The place is in such a wreck even the slight increase of another external force could blow a hole in the control room and kill everyone inside. How are you doing, Gordon?