Scene 26 - What Do You Want Titan?

Back underneath at Arctica, an exterior shot is followed by the control room where little has changed of where the characters stand. Titan and X20 turn back around to confront Lady Penelope and Brains menacingly.

Titan:

Well, are you going to ask what are my schemes and what we intend to do to you?

Penelope:

We have no need to worry. We know that you will never be able to outwit Stingray and Troy Tempest.

Titan:

Incorrect, Lady Penelope. When Stingray or any other vessel comes close to Arctica to attack, they will be shot down and blown to smithereens. And I am just waiting for Tempest to stick his nose in it again!

Bagby:

You will never be able to wipe out the human race or take it under your control. Our military forces are far too strong and compatible for your ships made of tin.

X20:

How dare you speak to my master like that you worthless land creature!

Titan:

Do not worry about him, X20. He will regret those words.

Moxax:

Professor Bagby, I congratulate you. You now have the stamina to speak up for once.

Bagby:

Ok, so I may have suspected you were being a little odd for some time Doctor, but why should you want to help cod and haddock here?

The Aquaphibians gurgle in anger and point their guns squarely at him.

Titan:

My Terror Fish fleet are made from a substance called cahelium. A rare and strong metallic substance that is only acquired in certain ships such as my crafts, the accursed Stingray and other global security organizations. With such a large quantity, I will be able to construct more ships and conquer the world far easier. Once my surface agent here made contact with the Doctor, she readily agreed to my plans.

Moxax:

I will be spared among the land people. Titan will let me construct, improve, and refine as much technology as I can. My dream come true.

Dimplex:

They always said you were a workaholic. Destined to work for your goals.

Brains has observed the control console.

Brains:

So n-now what? The penetration into the cahelium source is complete, are you going to take it for yourself now? All of it?

Titan:

Precisely. But we must act swiftly. Even if Tempest does interfere, it will slow down the collection of my cahelium. The longer we stay, the more we are at risk. Increase the rate of collection. Increase the rate!

Moxax heads over to the control console and selects a lever for the mining to increase faster.

Moxax:

As you know Titan, the process is automatic. It will take a little less time to get it.

Titan:

How long?

Moxax:

Well... several weeks.

Titan:

What? We can't wait that long!

Moxax:

There is so much to collect though.

Titan:

We need it now! Or we can take what we can at the very least. Are my guards collecting the substance from the chambers, X20?

X20:

They are your excellency.

Titan:

Then increase the power! As fast as it can go.

Moxax:

We can't do that! The automatic processing will overheat and go critical.

Titan:

I said, increase!

Bagby:

But she's right. We're at the fastest and safest level already. The drilling will overheat and explode, meaning kaboom.

Titan:

Silence! Do it, Doctor!

She looks at him. An Aquaphibian turns to her and points the gun. Finally, she gives in, and accelerates the drilling. There is a grumbling sounding from the engines. It intensifies. A red danger light flashes and beeps.

Full power!

Bagby:

No, Doctor!

Maximum power activated! The grumbling worsens!

Penelope:

How long do we calculate before the place goes up?

Brains:

I would be able to accurately say. But I don't think it would be long.

Titan:

Don't worry, nothing will go wrong.

More danger signs are active, and we can see a tiny amount of smoke beginning to pour from the control console...