Scene 6 - FAB 1 and Launch stations

We are at London International Airport and see FAB1 driving into the airport. It passes through a tunnel with the luggage all piled up in the car and proceeds towards the Fireflash. Some of this can be recycled from stock footage of the Fireflash but maybe not of FAB 1. The car stops in a special holder and is lifted up into the craft. We now look around the observation lounges and see the passengers inside before we move around to the right of the lounge to see the rest of the room. Eventually, we finally come to the end where Parker and Lady Penelope comfortably awaiting for the Fireflash to take off. Meanwhile, we hear a voice-over from a stewardess, combined with some gentle music in the background. The announcement plays as we pan around the room.

Stewardess:

Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of London Airport, we welcome you to your flight from London to North America and wish you a pleasant trip. In the First Class Wing Lounges, passengers are offered the unique experience of travelling in observation lounges.

When we see Lady Penelope and Parker, we will hear their conversation over the stewardess who continues to announce flight details. A large amount of luggage is left beside them. Parker is asleep with his hat down and his feet up on a desk, snoring loudly.

Introduced into the service by the British based trans-global airline Air Terrainean, the Fireflash is a 600 seater atomic powered passenger aircraft with a cruising speed of 2,800 MPH, significantly reducing the duration of intercontinental flights. Innovative features include a control cabin housed in the tail-plane, and a limited number of private vehicles can be carried aboard in the passenger vehicle holder. A shielded atomic fusion reactor powers three Atomus jet engine in each tailplane nacelle. Power is generated via the heat exchanger through conduits built into the tailplane to the rear of the cockpit entry system. Access to the cockpit is via a lift or adjacent emergency ladder from the engineering deck. Fireflash is currently operating in routes such as London to North and South America, Japan, Australia, and the South of France. At Air Terrainean, we provide full maintenance and testing facilities for the Fireflash fleet at London Airport. We hope you have a good flight from London Airport and hope you will fly with us again soon.

Penelope:

Erm, Parker. Parker?

He snores loudly as he is woken up.

Parker:

Ugh! Ah! Yes, m'lady?

Penelope:

May I remind you that in these wings, that we are in first-class travel?

Parker:

Oh. Right. Sorry m'lady. I think I must have dozed off. It won't happen again, madam. I suppose this is a very nice form of transportation, one would feel so comfortable he would end up nodding off. I mean, even when this ship travels at the speed of light or sound or however fast it goes, one's eyes become very heavy.

Penelope:

Yes Parker. But one should be careful not to draw too much attention to oneself.

Parker:

Quite madam. It gives us just a nice bit of time to relax from a bit of work, that's all.

Penelope:

Hmm. That's true. Now we have to wait until we arrive at Marineville, and I'm sure looking forward to this party later today. Not just Arctica or meeting the members of the World Aquanaut Security Patrol.

Instead of cutting to the launch of the Fireflash (as like with previous episodes), we cut to a far shot exterior of Marineville tower. Now we are inside the Stand By Lounge where Marina and Phones are sat reading a magazine, whereas Troy is watching the fish. He turns around so we see him, and he looks to his watch.

Troy:

It should be time now.

We hear on the radio an announcement from the tower by Commander Shore.

Commander:

Attention! Attention! Stingray crew, immediate launch!

Troy:

That's us! Let's go.

Phones:

P.W.O.R!

The Commander holding the radio in his hand approaches Atlanta at her desk in the control room.

Commander:

Atlanta, launch stations!

Atlanta:

Yes sir.

She presses the button to sound launch stations, and we see the shot of the Marineville sirens before cutting to Troy, Marina (holding Oink on her laps), and Phones in their seats, pushing their lever forward. The ground opens beneath them, and their chairs are elevated. First Troy and Phones, followed by Marina. The pounding drumbeat continues as we see the stock footage of the three Stingray crew being lowered down into their ship. Once they have all been clamped in.

Troy:

Release injector tubes, Phones.

Phones:

Releasing injector tubes.

Troy:

You ok there, Marina?

She nods yes. Phones activates the switch for the tubes to rise back up.

Close number one hatch and release elevators.

Phones pulls back the red lever closest to him, and Stingray is lowered down into the water. The hatch opens and Stingray accelerates through. The primary launch tunnel opens out, revealing a light coming from inside. Stingray bursts out from it, and rushes past some seaweed, followed by a shot of some bubbles floating up and Stingray in together (supplied by more stock film).

Tower from Stingray, seaborne, proceeding to Arctica base.

We hear Commander Shore on the radio.

Commander:

Ok Troy. Have a good trip. See you back in time to meet your special guest and the party tonight.

Troy:

See you, Commander.

Phones:

A special guest, Troy?

Troy:

Yeah, some people who we are taking down to Arctica tomorrow with Dr Moxax.

Stingray continues to the left of the screen...