01

I was walking into the school on the first day of my junior year when I saw two people behind me talking to each other. I was completely lost and I didn't know where to go. I was trying to find the office and I was just lost. I decided to ask the boys as I didn't know where I was going. I could tell that they were talking but I really needed help so I turned to them and said "Hey. Do you mind helping me? I'm trying to find the office but I don't know where it is."

"Yeah, sure. I'm Ricky by the way and this is Big Red," the boy in the jacket said.

"Thanks. I'm Allie," I said. They then showed me to the office and when I got there they both left and I then turned to the receptionist and said: "Hi, I'm Allie and I'm here to pick up my schedule."

"Yep. You're mum called on Friday to sign you up. Just give me a minute," she said. She then turned to her computer and then I think she printed off my schedule. She got the paper out of the printer and then wrote something down on it. "Ok. So here is your schedule and I have written down your locker combination on it. Your locker is the doubled pink one and he is a map of the school."

"Thank you," I say. I then walk out of the office and into the hallway. I then walked down the hallways to find the pink locker and I found it eventually. I put in the combination and saw that there were still things in here from when my mum used it for High School Musical.

I put some things in my bag into my locker and then I stood at my locker and looked around me to see everyone around me. I couldn't see anyone who looked nice, so I closed my locker and then walked down the hallways to see Ricky. I decided to walk up to him but I saw him with other people but before I could walk away I heard Ricky shout "Allie. Come meet some people." I then walked up to him and then he said "Allie this is Kourtney and Nini. Nini, Kourtney this is Allie. She's new here."

"Hi. It's nice to meet you," I said.

Before any of us could say anything else the PA system went off. "Good morning, students. Please make your way over to the gym for our annual back-to-school kickoff."

Ricky started talking to Nini again and then said "I don't believe this. You're blowing me off for some theatre punk you met four weeks ago? At a lake?"

"You kinda dumped me!" Nini said.

"It was a break. It wasn't a break-up," Ricky said.

"I'm sorry, Ricky. But it's a break-up now," Nini said.

"Pop off, girl," Kourtney said.

"Stay out of it, Kourtney," Big Red said.

"You stay out of it," Kourtney said. "I'm dismantling the patriarchy this year, and I'm not afraid to start with you." Nini and Kourtney then walk off while Rick and Big Red are stood there in shock.

Ricky then turned to me and then said "What did you think of that Allie?"

"Well, I've never had a boyfriend but when you say that you want a break it kinda means that we have to break up," I said. Ricky, Big Red and I then walk to the gym together and we also sit on the seats together.

---

We were sat together bored out of our minds as this assembly wasn't that fun. "And I am so pleased to announce that this year, seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Fridays," the principal said.

Someone then shouted "Go, seniors!" from the crowd.

The principal then continued to say "And now for a special introduction. This year, East High has a new drama teacher with an announcement that she swore, in writing, would not cost too much money." He then motioned for the teacher and then she stood up from the crowd and walked over to the principal.