02

It was now after school and we were in the dressing room. I had changed into my dance outfit which was a pair of galaxy leggings and a black sports bra. Carlos was going through the dressing room he then said "People! Make sure your audition number is clearly visible on your clothes. This isn't a game."

Ms Jenn then knocked on the dressing room door and walked into the dressing "Okay, theatre people. Let's do this." We all then yell out in glee as we were all excited for this.

---

"A fie-six-seven-eight." The music then starts playing and our group begins dancing. I could tell that the only competition in this group was number 1 and I wasn't that scared as I have been dancing since I could walk. That was only because my mum wanted to give me opportunities that no one else could have. I was so focused on the dancing that I barely heard Carlos shout "Yes! Come on 1 and 2."

"Great! That's it for the warm-up," Carlos said to Ms Jenn.

"Everyone, pair up. Not with a friend. Theatre is a community," Ms Jenn said.

I decided to walk up to EJ. He wasn't my friend. I just knew him. I turned to him and said "Hi. I'm Allie."

"I'm EJ. Are you new here or something? I haven't seen you around the school before," EJ said.

"Yeah, I am. I only started yesterday," I said.

"So if you only started yesterday, why are you auditioning? Don't you want to get to know the school first," EJ asked.

"Yeah, well. I have always wanted to be in a High School Musical production so I decided to audition and I never bother with getting to know the school first as there isn't any point," I say.

"Yeah. Ok. Well, I would like to say that you are an amazing dancer. My girlfriend definitely has competition now," EJ said.

"Yeah. I have been dancing since I could walk which was around when I was seven months old," I said.

"So have you ever got a lead at your old school?" EJ asked.

"Yeah. I got the lead in all of the plays I have auditioned for since freshman year and I have still managed to keep up my 4.0 GPA," I said.

"Wow, that's impressive," EJ said.

Ms Jenn then clapped her hands and said "And we're back."

---

We were all stood in a line now and I was stood next to Nini. "I'd love you to read for Ryan. You are giving major Taylor vibes. You're probably a Chad. You. You're giving me uncommon depth. Ms Darbus?" Ms Jenn said as she walked down the line.

"I'm dying. I'm deceased. Yes," this girl wearing pink said.

"Your application says you play the piano?" Ms Jenn said.

"I dabble," The girl said.

"You ever written a song?" Ms Jenn asked.

"I mean, nothing I've ever shared with anyone," the girl said.

"I always thought the drama teacher should have an Act Two power ballad. We'll sidebar," Ms Jenn said. She then turned to Gina and said "Gabriella."

"You got it," Gina said. She then turned to Carlos and said "I'm good. I'm already off-book."

Ms Jenn was now in front of EJ and she then turned to Carlos and said "Give him the Troy stuff. Who are we kidding?"

She then moved in front of Nini and said "And how about we have you read for Kelsi?"