11

I was with Ricky and Big Red down in his basement and we were just sat there and we were bored as we didn't have anything to do. Ricky then turned around and said "It's weird, not being at rehearsal. How stupid is that?"

Big Red then asked, "What if we just did the show without her?"

"We cannot even take a picture without her. No offence," I said to Red.

"No, you're right," Red said. Suddenly we heard a knock on the front door and Big Red shouted "Down here Kaden!"

Kaden suddenly walked down the stairs with two other people and said "Hope it's cool. I invited Stef and Rico."

"What's up, guys?" Ricky said.

Big Red then looked back towards us and said "When you two didn't text back. I reached out to some peeps. I wanted some company tonight." There was a knock on the door again. Big Red then warily said, "It's open?"

Ashlyn walked down the stairs and then said "Hey, guys."

I then turned to Big Red and said "Okay, how many people are coming?"

"That should be it," Big Red said.

"Actually, give it a minute," Ashlyn said. I then heard multiple footsteps coming down the stairs.

Around 5 minutes later we were all sat around the edge of Bg Red's basement and then Natalie said "This is a terrible party. There aren't even pretzels. What are we all doing here?"

"We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day so someone should say something," Ashlyn said.

"Fine. I'll say something. I'm mad at Ms Jenn," Carlos said.

"Why?" I asked. "Because she has got a couple of skeletons in her closet?"

"No, because she is giving up. She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline and now she is not even a real teacher?" Carlos said.

"Define 'real teacher'," Ashlyn said.

"He has got a point," Kourtney said.

"Does he though?" Natalie asked. "So why are we all here then?"

"Yeah, good question. This is a waste of time," EJ said.

"Honestly? Because she gave me a chance. And it's been a long time since someone gave me a shot," Carlos pointed out.

"She gave me a voice," Nini said.

"Yeah, and no one gets to hear it because Ms Jenn screwed up," Kourtney said.

"Okay. Does anyone here actually care if her past is a little bit sketchy? Anyone?" Ashlyn asked.

"I do," Ricky said.

"Seriously, dude?" Big Red said.

"What, because you live some perfect life?" Kourtney asked.

"Not at all. Because she put our show in jeopardy. And now we're all here, maybe for the last time, together," Ricky said. "And for some of us, this has become... I don't know..."

"Family," I said while trying not to cry. Ricky and I were looking at each other after I said that.

"What team?" Ricky asked.

"Wildcats," We all said together.

"Okay, Wildcats," Ashlyn said. "So what are we doing about it?"

"We're going to save Ms Jenn," I say.

"Yeah, we are," Everyone said at the same time.

---

We spent the rest of last night coming up with a song and dance so that we could prove that Ms Jenn is a good teacher even though she isn't a real teacher.