18

By the time it was Act 2, calmed down and realised that I shouldn't be panicking as if she was here for me and she offered me a scholarship to the school then I would decide not to take it as my mum has decided to stay here and not take the role.

---

It was now time for my scene with Gina and we were talking while sat at the table. "It just happened. But I liked it, a lot Taylor, do you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you, just... looking for a way to come out," I said.

"Not really, no," Gina said. The bell then goes off so she continued to say "Oh. Come on. Let's go."

Gina and I were excited as we entered the dressing room. "Wow. Um... I think we kinda nailed it," Gina said.

"Yeah," I said.

"Wait. What's wrong?" Gina asked.

"You've played a lot more leading roles than I have. What do you do when there's someone in the audience who could change your life?" I asked.

"Allie, listen you're a great actor. So just act like someone who knows what she's doing," Gina said,

"Does that ever work?" I ask.

"Works for me everywhere I go. It's my greatest trick also, sort of my only trick," Gina said.

"You have a ton of tricks," I pointed out.

"Yes, well I saved my best one for tonight, The Disappearing Gina Act," Gina said.

"Come here," I said while going in for a hug. Gina and I then hug for a bit.

---

"Wow. So this is your real stage," I said while walking onto the stage. When I turned my head I saw EJ on the stage as Troy.

"I guess you could call it that. Or just a smelly gym," EJ said. I was in shock that he was on the stage and not Ricky.

I then cover my mic on my clothes and I then leant in and whispered "What's going on? Where's Ricky?" 

EJ then hands me the ball and I throw it towards the hoops. I was shocked that it still went in even though I was thrown off by EJ coming out as Troy. "Whoa," EJ said. He then went to get the ball. "Don't tell me you're good at hoops, too?

"Um... I once scored 41 points at a league championship game," I said.

"No way," EJ said.

"Uh, yeah, in the same day I invented the space shuttle and microwave popcorn," I continued to say. I was too nervous to continue so I covered my mic and whispered "No, EJ, I'm serious. Why isn't Ricky..."

EJ then cut me off and said "This was his idea. Just trust me for once, okay?"

The actor playing coach Bolton walked out with Ashlyn behind him and he then said "Miss, I'm sorry. This is a closed practice."

"Dad, practice is over," EJ said.

"Uh, no, it's all good. I'll be getting on my way," I said to him. I then run off the stage.

---

I was in the dressing room with Kourtney and Nini and my phone pings. Kourtney leans over and looks over at my phone. "What?"

"SOS! Don't freak out, but EJ is going on as Troy. I am so sorry. My mom's boyfriend showed up and I'm a mess. You deserve a real leading man out there in front of that scout," I said.

"Uh, well I guess that's sort of sweet in a really dumb way," Kourtney said.

"Yeah, but the thing that is confusing me is why is the scout out there. My mom wouldn't have called them without telling me and I don't think that I have told anyone else but her," I said.

"Well, you might or might not have talked out loud when we were in the room over this past week and you said that it was your dream to go to YAC and it is mine too so Kourtney called and asked for one of them to watch us," Nini said. 

"What! I'm now freaking out even more. I need to cool down before my next scene. I then got up from the seat and walked out of the room.

---

It was now time for the last scene in the show and I had calmed myself down. The music begins to play snd EJ and I walk out onto the stage with a spotlight on us. "We're soarin', flying. There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach," EJ sang. "If we're tryin'. So we're breakin' free."

"I can't do it, Troy. Not with all these people staring at me," I said.

EJ then put his hand on my shoulder and said "Look at me, Gabby. Right at me. Like the first time, we sang together. Like kindergarten, remember?" I then hear the door open so I look towards it and see Ricky and Gina walking in. "Like kindergarten, remember? Remember kindergarten? There's nothing like the friends you made back then. And they never really leave, do they?"

"What are you doing?" I ask EJ as I was confused.

"Something right, I hope," EJ said. "I'm gonna play to lose. I'm not the Troy you want." Ej then walks off stage and leaves me standing there.

I then look towards Ricky and gather that EJ was talking about Ricky being the Troy I want. The piano continues to play in the background so I start to sing. While I am singing I walk over to Ricky. "You know the world can see us. In a way that's different than who we are. Creating space between us." I then got my phone out and turned the torch on. "Till we're separate hearts."

Ricky then brings the mic down and said "I'm really not at my best."

"Just look at me, Ricky. Right at me," I said. I then turn my head and nod to the orchestra to continue playing.  (Italics - Allie, Normal - Ricky, Bold - Both)

But your faith, it gives me strength
Strength to believe

We're breakin' free

We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin', yeah, we're breakin' free
Oh, we're breakin' free (Ooh, Woah)

More than hope, more than faith
This is truth, this is fate
And together we
see it comin'
More than you, more than me
Not a want, but a need
Both of us, breakin' free Soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in heaven that we can't reach
If we're tryin'
, yeah, we're breakin' free (Breakin' free)

We're runnin', ooh, climbin'
To get to the place to be all that we can be (Be)
Now's the time (Now's the time)
So we're breakin' free (Oh, we're breakin' free; ooh, Woah)

You know the world can see us
In a way that's different than who we are

---

I am going to finish this book tonight but I can't believe that I have managed to write 3 chapters already.