17

Ricky and I have just done the singing for the New Year's Party scene and we now have just walked off the stage Ricky then said to me "You have an amazing voice. You're a singer, right?"

"Just the church choir is all. I tried a solo and nearly fainted," I said.

"Really? Why's that?" Ricky asked.

I took one look at all the people staring only at me, and the next thing I knew, I was staring at the ceiling. End of solo career," I said. The crowd then laughed and I continued to say "But you sounded like you sing, too."

"Oh, sure, lots. Yeah, my shower head is very impressed with me," Ricky said. The crowd then laughed again.

"Remember in kindergarten, we'd meet a kid and know nothing about them..." I said. We continued the scene and I then said "Oh, gosh! Uh... Sounds like the fireworks have started. Can you hear them?" This kind of points out of Big Red that we needed the fireworks sound. I think that he pressed the wrong button as the Basketball clock turns on.

---

I ran into the dressing room after I got changed to see how Kourtney was doing with learning the dance so I turned to Carlos and asked "How's it going?"

"I think she's getting it," Carlos said.

"Oh, my gosh, there's like 100 parts," Kourtney said.

"Yeah, that was two counts of eight, but keep drillin' it, through," Carlos said. He then left the room.

"I don't know about this," Kourtney said as she sat down.

"Oh. Here. My good luck charm," I said while getting out V-Hudges phone. "Vanessa Hudgens' phone from the movie." I then give it to Kourtney. "Trust the process."

"But what if it's a mess?" Kourtney asked.

"Then we'll go down together, okay?" I said. I then heard the audience applaud. "It's our scene!"

"And it starts in 30 seconds," Natalie said while popping her head into the room.

"Okay. Uh... Whoa. Let's go!" Kourtney said. We then ran out of the dressing room and into the gym for our scene.

---

We were both now on the stage in the middle of our scene. "What do you know about Troy Bolton?" I asked.

"Troy? I wouldn't consider myself an expert on that particular subspecies," Kourtney said. I then pointed for her to turn her script to the next page. "Um... However, unless you speak cheerleader, as in, Oh, my gosh! Isn't Troy Bolton just the hottie super bomb!" We then finished off our scene and then Ricky and EJ started their scene.

---

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for Stick To The Status Quo. This is our biggest Act One showstopper, and you're all going to kill it because I love you. Any questions?" Ms Jenn said.

"I have a couple hundred," Kourtney said while raising her hand.

"How is the Taylor dance break gonna work?" Seb asked. "Gina's trey-ography is really complex."

"I can run to the pit and have the orchestra cut that part!" Carlos exclaimed.

"Or we could just have Gina do it," Kourtney said. We all looked in the direction of where Kourtney was looking and saw Gina standing there with a box of cupcakes. We all then ran up to her and hugged her.

"Wow, you guys. I don't wanna interrupt," Gina said.

"How did you get here?" Carlos asked.

"A friend bought me a last-minute flight back. I was gonna drop off these cupcakes, then hide in the gym and cheer you guys on," Gina said.

"Gina, no one in the gym want to hide more than I do," Kourtney said.

"Wait, are you playing Taylor?" Gina asked.

"I was, and it was nice, and now it's your turn to save my butt and do the dance. Please. I'm asking you," Kourtney said while holding the tray for her to take.

"Can I?" Gina asked Ms Jenn.

"Of course. You can do the curtain call together. Let's hit the halls people!" Ms Jenn said.

---

I was on the side of the stage waiting to go on for the dance break. I was in slightly different clothes than what Gabriella would wear so once I do the dance break I have around a minute .to get changed into the Gabriella clothes.

After the dance break, I run off the stage and quickly get changed. While I was getting changed I heard the crowd going crazy that we have a boy playing Sharpay so I think that they like the idea as well.

Near the end of the song, I knew that it was the cue to walk onto the stage and when I did we met up with Seb and I accidentally dropped my lunch all over him.

We were all walking back into the bomb shelter, cheering and clapping for the scene. I immediately went over to the costume rack to grab my costume and I then walked out of the room. Before I walked out I saw Ricky and Gina talking and I got a little jealous that they were talking.

After I got changed, I went to the side of the stage to see where my mum was a couldn't find her. While I was in the wings, Ricky was performing his Getcha Head In The Game Scene. It was going so well until he got into the harness. I don't know if he saw something but he dropped the ball and then messed up the rest of the scene.

I then spotted the dean from the Youth Actor Conservatory. I wasn't expecting her to turn up tonight. I didn't even think she was coming. I didn't tell anyone other than my mum that it is my dream to go to YAC but she wouldn't call them up, would she? I was panicking as I didn't know what to do.

By the time it was Act 2, calmed down and realised that I shouldn't be panicking as if she was here for me and she offered me a scholarship to the school then I would decide not to take it as my mum has decided to stay here and not take the role.

---

1 more episode to go plus a bonus chapter. I can't believe that this book is nearly over. Keep an eye out for the next update.