14

It was now after Thanksgiving, and we were back at school today. I still wasn't happy with mum. We kind of have argued about us moving, and I wasn't talking to her at the moment. I wasn't backing down and I would not talk to her until she tells me that I'm not leaving. I know that I might be acting petty but I didn't want to leave when we were really close to opening night and I also didn't want to leave because I will miss everyone.

I didn't want to believe what I saw at the moment. I don't know how but I managed to get to the auditorium before anyone else. I was in shock at what happened. 

A few minutes later I see the rest of the drama club turn up to the auditorium and they saw the damage. We all then heard a firefighter say "Excuse me, kids!"

"Oh, my gosh! What happened?" Nini asked.

Ms Jenn then walked up to us and said "It's okay, nobody was hurt. There was a small fire in the theatre over the holiday and the sprinklers did their job."

"We're almost done in here just have to finish up in the faculty room next. Some circuits blew in there over the break," the firefighter said. "Fire ripped through half of your costumes and the sprinklers ruined a bunch of your sets. I...I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to red flag the entire backstage area for a month at least."

"Did she just say costumes?" I asked. I then realised that I left all of Vanessa's Gabriella costumes' in there over the holiday thinking that they would be safe. I promised her that I would keep them safe and I needed to make sure that they were fine. I quickly dumped my bag on the floor and ran towards the costume room. I heard people shouting for me to come back but I didn't listen to them. I just kept running towards the costume room. I had to dodge many people trying to stop me and I also heard footsteps behind me trying to catch up to me but I was too fast for them.

I managed to get to the costume room without anyone grabbing me and when I got there, I immediately ran to where I left them and when I found them I saw they haven't been touched. I then managed to relax now that I know that they haven't been touched. I then heard someone come up behind me and when I turned around I saw Ricky behind me. He then asked "Are you alright? You ran here extremely fast."

"Yeah. I was just worried that the fire got at my costumes. These aren't mine. They're Vanessa's and I promised her that I would keep them safe," I explained.

"Well, let's head back to the others. They were concerned as you ran," Ricky said. Ricky then wrapped his arm around my waist and we then headed back to the others.

"Okay, okay, listen up. Hug your neighbour. Take a moment and let's all reconvene in the cafeteria after school to talk about our options. Allie and Ricky spread the word," Ms Jenn said.

"Got it, yes," I said to Ms Jenn. "Of course."

"Ricky? Ricky?" Ms Jenn asked. I then looked up at him and saw that he was distracted by something. I don't know what he was looking at but I hit him lightly to get his attention.

"Sorry, after school in the cafeteria got it," Ricky said.

---

We were now all in the cafeteria and I was sat next to Ricky with my head on his shoulder. "Okay, guys!" Ms Jenn said. "Wait, where's Gina?"

"I think she's going through a family thing right now," Ashlyn said.

"Okay, prayers to our Gina. I'm really not sure what to say. You have all worked so hard. I've seen all of you grow so much. But if we don't have the theatre, we don't have a show," Ms Jenn said.

"Wait, what?" everyone says same at the same time.

Come on, Ms Jenn we've got to do something," Carlos said.