06

I was with Kourtney in the costume room as she was making the costumes for us. I then realised that she doesn't know that I have all of my costumes sorted out so I turn to her and say "Hey Kourtney. You don't have to make me any costumes. I have all of mine sorted out. My mum is getting a friend to send them over for me as they were at her house."

"Great. That's fewer costumes I have to sort out then. Thanks for telling me," Kourtney said.

"Your welcome," I said. I then walk out of the costume room and go and find Ricky because I needed to talk to him. I found Big Red outside the bomb shelter but Ricky wasn't with him so I turned to Red and said "Where's Ricky?"

"I don't know. He had to go home for something," Red said.

"Let me call him," I said. I then move away from Red and call Ricky. He doesn't pick up his phone so I started to worry as he always picks up his phone. I then go back to Red and say "Ricky's not picking up. This is worrying as he always picks up so I don't know what is going on. Also, why are we all standing out here?"

"Natalie lost her emotional support hamster and doesn't know where it is and they are looking in there," Red said.

"Ok. That makes sense," I said.

A few minutes later we were in the bomb shelter practising What I've been looking for. Nini was sat down at the piano and I wasn't that fond of EJ at the moment so I was standing as close to the piano as possible. Ms Jenn then said, "Can you move a little closer to each other?" I then take a small step to my right. "Little more."

EJ then turned to me and mouthed "Come on" while moving closer to me. I took a few steps closer to him while there was still a bit of distance between us.

Ms Jenn then said, "Come on, guys, we're blocking this as a love story, not a SARS epidemic."

Carlos then pointed out "I think that chair was over there." 

"Oh, I can move it over in the scene," I said while walking to the chair.

"Feels awkward," Ms Jenn said.

"No, it's light. I can lift it above my head and walk," I said.

"Sweetie, no one is walking with furniture on their head," Ms Jenn said. "This isn't The Lion King." She then turned Big Red and said "Strike the chair, please."

"With what?" Red said.

"Take it away. Remove it," Ms Jenn said. Big Red then got up and removed the chair from the stage. "Troy, once the intro begins, cross downstage and plant yourself at the piano. Which should be further downstage, okay?" Big Red then moved the piano a bit. He tries pushing it but Ms Jenn said "No, dear, that would be upstage." He then pulls the piano towards him to move it downstage. "Okay. Gabriella, you slowly approach the piano and rest an arm on it, naturally. Can we make sure her bookbag is off stage right?"

"Sure. Um..." Big Red said. I could tell that he wasn't sure which way was stage right. "Which way is that?" Nini then pointed out which way it was to Red.

"Take it from, "Wow! Now, that's really nice"," Ms Jenn said before sitting down.

"Wow. Now, that's really nice," EJ said.

Nini starts playing the piano and EJ walks over to the piano and starts singing. "It's hard to believe that I couldn't see. You were always there beside me."

"Thought I was alone with no one to hold. But you were always there beside me," I sang.

"This feeling's like no other. I want you to know. I've never had someone that knows me like you do. The way you do. I've never had someone. As good for me as you. No one like you. So lonely before I finally found. What I've been looking for," We sang together.

"Doo doo doo. Doo doo doo. Woah oh oh oh. Doo doo doo. Doo doo doo doo doo doo. Woah oh oh oh," I sang.

"Okay, freeze," Ms Jenn said. "Allie, sweetie, this reprise comes at a decisive moment in the story, once your hearts have joined. It's a love song."

"Were you not getting that?" I said while motioning between us two.

"I'd like you to get to his heart without cracking his rib cage," Ms Jenn said.

Ricky then runs into the bomb shelter and said "Sorry I'm late. My mum, she caught an earlier flight. Where are we?"

"Scene seven," Ms Jenn said.

"Right.  don't have it. Could I borrow..." Ricky said.

"You need your script, Ricky. And a pencil. It's a blocking rehearsal," Ms Jenn said.

Ricky then turned to me and said "Could I borrow a pencil?"

"You can share mine," Ashlyn said.

"No, he can't. When you come to rehearsal, people, you come prepared," Ms Jenn said.

Natalie then comes in and then Ashlyn gets us and asks "Was he in your gym locker?"

"No, just my cherry lip balm. But it had Elliot's teeth marks in it," Natalie said.

"That wouldn't hurt him," Ashlyn said.

"It's sparkly," Natalie said.

"Then it'll be easier to find him," Seb said.

"Natalie, we feel your pain, but I was just explaining what a constructive rehearsal requires. Focus. And honestly, another day like this and I am showing up with my emotional support coyote," Ms Jenn said.

"Ms Jenn, I know the scene," Ricky said.

"Would you wait in my office?" Ms Jenn asked. "Thank you." Ricky then grabbed his bag and walked out.

"Wait, are we done?" Ashlyn asked.

"We are, Ms Darbus. Take a note. This is what a frustrated drama teacher looks like," Ms Jenn said. "Go, scoot. Come back when you're ready to be punctual, park your distractions at the door, and take the work here seriously." She then walks out of the room and I then run, grab my bag and then run after Ricky.

I saw that he was in Ms Jenn's office so I decided to go home and then call him later.