Chapter 1-

*Please vote on the chapters it just takes a second:)*

Ava stood up from inside of the boat and lead herself to the front of the boat. She stared at the sea glimmering from the sunlight, Ava was heading to Outer Banks to meet her brother, John B. Ava wasn't really close with her brother, she would write to him back and forth to see how he was. Yet John B never made the same efforts, she wasn't sure why. Ava and John B never had any fights so that's when she became confused why there was never any replies.
So she decided to make her way to Outer banks to stay.

A few hours later the boat arrived at the island, Ava gathered her belongings and stood by the door waiting for the rest of the passengers to exit the boat. Ava was very excited to finally see her brother face to face after years of not having a brother figure. She made her way out the boat holding her things, she scanned her eyes around the dock wondering where to go, she made her way two boys who looked the same age as her, one of the boys had dirty blonde hair, with blue eyes joined with a height round about 6'2. Holding a cigarette. Another one of them had blonde hair, blue eyes and a height of 5'9. Ava approached them confidently.

"Hi, excuse me do you know Secessionville Historic District is?"
Ava took a look at her letter to make sure she was saying the correct place John B was located at, then looked back up at the boys.
One of them turned around taking the cigarette out of his mouth and holding it between his fingers.  A smirk grew across his face.
"Now, what's a pretty girl like you looking for a place like that for?" One of them said and nudged the other one, who turned around and looked her up and down.
Ava looked at them disgusted. She definitely asked the wrong people.
"And- and who are you?" Ava stated curiously.
They both laughed in shock looking at each other.
She was very confused what was so funny.

"You don't know who we are?" His eyes flickered while his index finger pointed at his chest, with a bright gold ring on it. He was shocked Ava didn't know who he was.
"If i knew who you were, I wouldn't have asked." Ava replied.
The other boy smirked proudly at her. She was not liking the look of these boys.

"I'm Rafe Cameron." One of them said like he was someone special.
She nodded in response, not knowing if she was meant to be happy about she met Rafe?
"And I'm Topper." He smiled at her.
Ava smiled back at Topper as he seemed nice.
Rafe rolled his eyes at Topper, knowing what he was doing with Ava.

"Okay back to what I was wanting in the first place, where is it?"
Ava looked around for any signs leading to where she wanted.
"Are you new here or something?" Rafe questioned while taking a hit of his cigarette and blowing it in the opposite direction of her.
"Yeah I'm new, I'm looking for my brother. John B Routledge, do you know him?"
Rafe and Topper looked at Ava in shock and like they just seen a ghost.

"Oh, of course we know good old John B. Some memories we have with him." Topper said while raising his eyebrows.
"Oh. Well I've not-"
"You don't look like him." Rafe cut Ava off from her speaking, and stared right at her.
Ava looked at Rafe frowning, confused why he interrupted her.
"I don't know how to take that but, I really need to see him. Do you know where he is?" Ava soon took her eyes off Rafe who continued to stare at her and focused on Topper.

"I'll take you to him, I've got my boat here anyway." Topper started to walk to his boat nodding at Rafe.
Ava didn't know what to do, smile at Rafe or walk away following Topper.
She decided to give Rafe a friendly smile, Rafe looked her up and down and turned around walking towards another boat.
Ava was confused, did he hate her or like her?
Oh well not like he matters anyway.