Chapter 7-

**MENTION OF DRUG USAGE**

A few days have passed by since the party.
Ava has been getting to know everyone now, she knows everyone much better, including her brother. Which made her very happy, and she's not felt happy for a long time.

Most of all, she's been getting to know Rafe and JJ a lot, she's been to tons of places they've both been taking her too. John B makes fun of her for flirting with the both of them, but she doesn't.

Rafe has been off for a couple days. Everyone seemed to have a rough idea why, but no one would tell Ava. For whatever reason, I'm not sure.
Tonight was a party, not like a teenage party. It was hosted by Ward Cameron followed by his wife, Rose Cameron.
Apparently once a couple months they host a "party" for people on the island, a lot of business people turn up.

Rafe asked for Ava to be his date to the party, as it was very important for the hostesses kids had to have a date, so Sarah brought John B and Rafe brought Ava.
After Rafe asked Ava this, JJ started to distance himself from her, not the group. Just her, specifically.
And again, why do you ask? Ava doesn't know.
It annoyed her because they used to go walks every morning but that's been cut off.
Sadly.

While Ava was getting ready and looking in a full length mirror at the Cameron's house fixing her hair and admiring her dress, the dress brought out her curves, and her beautiful figure.

John B walked into the room in a black tux, looking smart.
"Hey Avs." John B spoke. They all seemed to call her that now, she loved being apart of the group.
"Hey John B." She replied back while getting a necklace out a box to match her violent silk dress.

"You alright?" John B put his hands in his pockets of his tux trousers and stared at her through the mirror with her looking back at him through the mirror.
"I'm fine, just weird that JJ hasn't spoken to me." Ava stated, with a bit of what sounded like disappointment in her voice.
"Yeah, he's being like that because he reckons you're mixing with the wrong people."  John B walks over to her and takes the necklace from her  and clipping it round the back of her neck.

Ava moved her hair to the side while holding it looking down a little while her brother put on her necklace.
"What doe he mean wrong people?" Ava questioned him.
"Oh you know, you being around Rafe all summer." He added.
"Rafe isn't a bad person, everyone makes him to be a bad person, he's not." Ava spat, she was annoyed everyone described him to be so evil.

"Ava, you don't know anything about Rafes background, we do." John B sighed.
"Then tell me, what's so bad about him?" She snapped back and turn around to face him.
"If you please, Rafe used to-"
"John B, come zip me up?" Sarah stepped into the room with her back facing her waiting for her dress to be zipped up.
"I'll tell you when it's not about to be a party, okay?" John B walked over to Sarah helping her zip up her dress.

Ava sighed in annoyance, why was everyone hiding stuff about Rafe? Why was JJ so offended? She had lots of questions that needed answers.

Ava soon walked out of her room walking to the bottom of the stairs where the rest were.
Rafe looked up at Ava walking down stairs while smoking a cigarette at the front door, letting our a slight smirk at her.
She loved the way he looked at her.
JJ then looked up at her then across to Rafe and completely ignored her, talking a sip of beer.

Why was he being such a dick?