Chapter 21-

Ava sighed and managed to pull her eyes away from Rafes, giving her attention back to JJ.

John B looked around while biting his nails, trying to figure out what happened.
John B could read Ava like a book, even though he never knew he had a sister, the time he's spent with her allows John B know her more.

Ava sat there and said nothing, tracing her index finger around the top of the glass repeatedly.

When Ava was upset or in her own thoughts she would sit there, silently.
How she copes.

After sitting and saying nothing, she decided to get up and go to the doc for some fresh air.

"Avs where you going?" JJ questions her while looking up at her.
"I'm just going for some fresh air, I'll be back." She attempts to put a smile on her face, making it seem everything was fine.

"You sure you don't want me to come?" JJ responds.
"I'm fine, trust me. Stay here and have fun." Ava felt her hand being kissed gently by JJ.

Ava looked down into JJ's eyes and took a deep breath, smiling at him.

Ava stepped over their feet, walking outside with her head full with thoughts.

"Think she's okay man?" JJ turns to John B, questioning him.

John B shrugs, "I cant guarantee she's okay cause I don't wanna lie to you but Ava sits there and says nothing when she's thinking about a lot so I say you leave her for a little and let her come out her thoughts, okay?" John B pats JJ's back.

"That drink gave you some therapy shit-" Pope raises his eyebrows at John B in shock.

"Shut up Pope." He says back.

JJ nodded, he trusted what John B said.

Ava sat out on the doc, listening to the waves making their way back and forth, connecting with the sand.

Ava felt tears gather in her eyes, she was lost. She didn't know what to do.

She was in love with both but she have both, but she also can't have someone who will hurt her.

Both were good in their very own way, both bad in their own way.
Especially Rafe.

Ava felt Rafe treats her good when he feels like it, he's either a dick or not.
JJ is always there, never treated her badly.

Ava sighs, wiping every tear that fell from her eye making her way down her cheek.

"Ava?" a faint voice from behind her spoke to her.

She turned around and locked eyes with Rafe, god, why did he have to do this to her?

"I know you don't wanna see me-" Rafe tried to speak but Ava broke the eye contact and turned away.
"Fuck right off." Ava spat at him.

Rafe knew he deserved that, he hurt her, again.

"I deserved that one." Rafe made his way over to her, sitting beside her with a drink in his hand.

"Oh please, you trying to suck up to me now? Go catch you're little lap dancer." She was right in his face, making her point very clear.

Rafe grabbed her face firmly, "I don't want her, I want you. All I've ever wanted." Rafe made sure his eyes were locked with hers.

Ava tried her best not to look him in the eyes, he had the most beautiful eyes.

Rafe had his own way of it, managed to make Ava fall back in love with him but she knew deep down, it was all wrong.

"Listen, I don't like committing to things, it's hard for me. I hate opening up to people because I've had no attention ever but there it is, happy?" He stated.

Ava pulled her face away, feeling sympathy for him but was this just a trip to make her feel bad?

"Well Rafe, sleeping with me and making me think I actually mean something to you is completely playing with my feelings." Ava wasn't falling for the pity, wasn't her thing.

"Ava, I want you, I don't want those whores." Rafe started to raise his voice at her.

"I don't care, maybe it's time you grow up and treat people correctly." She said to Rafe, Ava felt really bad about what she was saying but it was all true.

Why do people call this paradise on earth?