Kabanata 11

Kabanata 11

Jealousy

I sighed as I continued to walk further. I sat at a table next to them with all the courage I have. I clearly saw how they smiled at each other while they were talking! Ano 'yan, nagliligawan?

I won't let that happen! Kung hindi masusuklian ni Tariq ang nararamdaman ko sa kanya, then hindi ako papayag na maging sila ni Graciella. Mamatay tayong lahat dito ng may sakit at pighati!

"Oh my god, Graciella?" I started the conversation as I crossed my arm and acted like I was surprised to see her there.

She turned her gaze on me and Tariq just coldly looked at me with a blank stare.

"Sonnet? What are you doing here?" Graciella asked and gave me a teasing smile.

"Why? Am I not allowed here?" I sarcastically answered.

"Don't tell me, you were following Tariq?" She chuckled a little.

"Why would I follow him? He's nothing to me," I casually answered. I glanced at Tariq who averted his gaze from me.

"What? I thought you two are friends?" Graciella asked.

"We're just seatmates." I'm not intending to hurt his feelings, but I can't just help but lie. I'm doing this for our own good and besides Tariq has been giving me cold gestures so why not I'll do the same?

But I bet he wasn't hurt that much. He rejected me and he doesn't have any care at all.

"Okay then, kawawa ka naman dahil mag-isa ka lang." She laughed and grinned in front of me. Inirapan ko lang siya at tumalikod na sa kanya.

Do you know, being alone is one peaceful thing? I like being alone—no... nagmumukha akong kawawa rito...

I grabbed my phone and called someone. I smiled when he answered.

"Op?"

"Connor! Are you free ba? Tara dito sa tea shop, libre ko," I began while trying to make my voice soft and sweet. I bet he's confused right now. I've never talked to him like that before.

"Huh? Ngayon? Kakauwi ko palang, e. Ngayon talaga? Sure?"

I sighed and secretly glanced at Tariq and Graciella. My teeth gritted when I saw how comfortable they are comfortable talking to each other.

"Oo, you'll come, right?"

"Di 'ko sure—"

"Okay, I'll wait for you here, ingat! I love you, BFF!" I immediately ended the call without even waiting for his answer.

I glance at the two one more time, but they seem unbothered and acted like they didn't hear that.

Connor's the only guy I can rely on. I don't have any boyfriends or best friends with whom I can get along.

I waited five minutes after Connor came, clueless. He's still wearing a uniform. I raised my hand at him so he would see me. He sat down in front of me while I glanced at Tariq who laid his eyes on Connor.

"What do you want to eat? Milk tea gusto mo? Nachos? Pizza? Name all you want," I asserted, and his forehead creased.

"Ang totoo? Anong nakain mo? Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?" I gulped when he asked.

I roamed my eyes around making sure no one heard that.

"Pakisamahan mo na lang ako," I whispered. Napakamot naman ito sa kanyang ulo.