Kabanata 21

Kabanata 21

Fragile

TW

I held my head high as I straightened my back and chest out. I gulped and maintained my fierce look as I prepared myself to enter the hotel. I flipped my hair as I started to walk inside the venue.

All heads and eyes lay on me as I graciously walked in my one-shoulder gold evening gown. It is a golden sequined mermaid dress with beading straps which shines through my soul.

I roamed my eyes around. I walked to where my friends were, in the very front, close to the stage. Their jaws dropped and their eyes screamed magnificence as their gazes laid on mine. I turned around and tossed my hair when I stopped in front of my friends.

"Wow, ika'y napakaganda, aking binibini," Connor greeted me. I smiled sweetly at him.

I chuckled when he held my hand and planted a kiss on it.

"Hoy, akala ko ba simple ka lang? Simple nga ang gown mo pero bonggang-bongga naman ang dating mo! At ano 'yang pa-flip mo ng buhok. Umikot-ikot ka pa, hay nako, Sonnet!" singhal sa akin ni Keevah.

I stared at her look and kind of loved her gown. It was a dark purple tulle off-shoulder neckline and a floor-length A-line dress.

"You look gorgeous, Sonnet!" Reighn commented. She was wearing soft pink sequins and a tea-length long gown. Her cleavage showed off a little.

This girl is too hot to manage.

"You too."

I looked at Jushen. She's wearing a lavender-tiered tulle V-neck long gown. I smiled at her, and she did the same.

"Dito tayo uupo?" I asked them.

"Yeah, kahit saan naman tayo uupo. 'Pag mag-e-entrance na, we'll line up naman," Reighn answered.

I roamed my eyes around. The venue was so dazzling, and the lights were so vivid. There were these green leaves on the ceiling making the place more attractive. The ambiance was energetic, while the sounds played romantically.

I sighed and pouted my mouth as I thought of Tariq. He's probably too busy right now. I felt sad for him, he wouldn't be able to experience this once-in-a-lifetime event. He had to sacrifice his teenage life to provide for their needs and to pay for their hospital bills.

"Malungkot ka yata? Ba't hindi pala kayo ni Tariq magka-parter? Si Graciella ba ang kasama niya?" Connor asked who was sitting next to me. Keevah, Reighn, and Jushen were too busy giving their attention to the crowd.

"He's not coming," I answered.

"Huh? Bakit? Ah, wala siyang maisuot 'no?" I glared at him.

"That's not it, he's busy. May kailangan pa siyang gawin," I answered.

"Sayang, 'di mo siya maisasayaw. Ako, isasayaw ko si Keevah mamaya," pagmamayabang niya pa at bahagyang tinapik ang kanyang dibdib.

"Hindi ka naman gusto," banat ko pa sa kanya dahilan upang ngumiwi ang kanyang labi. He even gritted and murmured something under his breath.

"Hintayin mo lang, matututunan niya rin akong mahalin," he asserted, proudly and assuring me.

"Oh? Kailan? 'Pag patay na tayong lahat?" I asked, sarcastically. He sighed heavily and loudly and glared at me.

"The audacity of you?" I just smirked at him and averted my gaze.

Kuya's not here either. If only Mom hadn't sponsored the food and the sound here, I wouldn't have come here either.