Kabanata 33

Kabanata 33

Finally Free

I couldn't help myself flashing a smile. Finally, I have decided to visit my brother who's been in the hospital for almost two weeks now. I wonder what's taking him too long to recover.

Knowing him, masayang-masaya 'yon kapag nalaman niyang wala na kami ni Jace.

After I asked from the hospital desk, I immediately went to his room. It was my first time visiting him after I made a scene and blamed Oren.

I am sorry for what I did to Oren when we were in high school, but I am not sorry that I blamed her for what happened to Kuya.

I slowly turned the doorknob when I saw his room.

Bahagya akong napasilip at bigla nalang nawala ang ngiti ko nang madatnan siya nakangiti at nakikipagtawanan habang sinusubuan siya ni Oren. Kasama rin nila ang nanay niya.

Mabilis akong tumalikod sa kanila. Naglakad ako palayo sa kwarto niya at napahinto rin 'di kalaunan. Muli akong napatingin sa pinanggalingan ko. Naramdaman ko ang ang kirot sa dibdib habang paulit-ulit na lumalabas sa utak ko kung gaano kasaya ang kapatid ko.

He seemed happy with them.

I bit my lower lip and swallowed. I looked around and left the flowers and food I was about to give him in a chair outside his room. I walked away with the tears of a cowardly person whose conscience is drowning her up.

Guilt and conscience made me turn my feet back. I can't bear facing them after what I did, and my mom did.

May nag-aalaga naman pala sa kanya dito, sana hindi na lang ako pumunta.

I immediately smiled as something came to my mind. I stopped walking again and walked towards where I left the flowers, I was about to Kuya.

***

"Anong ginagawa mo rito?"

I smirked as I watched her gritting teeth, and her eyes screamed in anger. Her hair is so messy. She stinks so bad. Her wrinkles were all present. Her dark circles exist too.

"You look good in orange," I taunted as I pointed at her orange shirt using my lips. Kinuha ko ang mga pagkaing dala ko sa kanya at inilahad ito sa harap.

"Ayan prutas para naman humaba pa ang buhay mo," pagbibiro ko ulit.

Nakatingin lang ito sa akin ng seryoso at blanko ang mga mata.

"May bulaklak pa sana 'yan kaso hindi pala pwede rito," dagdag ko ulit.

My eyebrows raised when she smirked.

"Kumusta ang anak ko? Kamusta si Owen?" biglaang tanong niya.

Nawala ang ngiti ko sa labi.

"He's completely fine. He's laughing with Oren and her mom right now. They took care of him also," I answered.

I intended to mention Oren and her mom to make Sadie even more pissed and annoyed.

She deserves that. That feeling where you can't do anything to stop a certain situation because you were forbidden to.

"What? And you let those take care of your brother?! Paano kung kunin nila sa atin si Owen? Paano kung iwan tayo ni Owen!?" sigaw niya sa akin.

I raised my left eyebrow, gasped, and smirked.

"Pathetic ka talaga, 'no?" ani ko na mas lalong ikinagalit niya.

"'Wag mong hahayaang lumapit sila sa kapatid mo—"