Chapter VIII

"I can't believe some filthy human had the nerve to tell me I will die. Can you believe that sukuna? Me? Dying? What an utter jest on their part!"

He watched as y/n paced back and forth Infront of him as he sat on the leather chair, her h/c flowing behind her with each movement while her e/c glinted, narrowed and focused with her thoughts.

"However the thing that unnerved me most was that it said something about someone close to me or what not...though I don't believe in those stupid things...could it be there's a mole in my kingdom?..hm sukuna?"

He hummed as a sign he's listening, leaning back in the chair and looking towards the crackling fire, raising his hand and watching the flames make their way to his hands, messing around with it.

"My quee-"

"Y/n sukuna. Y/n."

He smirked a little as he turned his gaze from the flames to her, his eyes following her as she sat on the leather chair opposite him.

"Y/n, I think that the chances of there being a mole in the castle is slim, considering that they would be putting everything at risk but..it's not impossible if they know you well enough to work around you to make sure you shouldn't find out"

She hummed in thought, placing a hand on her chin while sukuna stared at the flames, clenching his fist making them disappear

She sighed while rubbing her temples in irritation, sukuna standing up and walking behind her chair, placing his calloused hands on her shoulders.

"Don't fret y/n, even if there is a mole, you shouldn't have any restlessness, I shall take care of it."

He couldn't lie that over the years he had grown attached to the sinful woman, after all she was the one who taught him everything, shown him all the ropes and protecting him when he was younger.

She closed her eyes at the feeling of his hands and relaxed at his touch, she too had grown attached to the young man over the years.

"I suppose you are right sukuna, though i can't help but feel irritated at the thought of a mole. A filthy lowlife thinking they can do something to me."

"I agree completely but don't worry for now, how about we head down to the hall for dinner? I'm sure all this irritation has raised your appetite"

She nodded as she stood, his hands sliding off her shoulders

"Yes actually, let's go, I'm craving something spicy"

He chuckled while he followed after her as she walked out of the room and down the large Hallway dimly lit by candles on the walls of the castle.

But....

He still couldn't shake the feeling.....

Something felt off.