Chapter 43

"Sissy! Look! I caught a grasshopper! Isn't he cute?"

The older girl squealed at the sight and got up in record time before starting to run away.

"Ew y/n! Get that thing away from me!"

The little girl giggled before chasing after her sister, grasshopper in hand and a mischievous grin on her face.

"But he wants to say hi sissy!"

"Y/nnnnnnnnnn!"

{<<<|>>>}

Where did it all go wrong?...

It's all my fault...

I should have been the one to die...

It should have been me...

It's because of me that she died...

Please...

Don't leave me alone again...

I just...

I want to be...loved...

{<<<|>>>}

The two teens were kneeled beside the limp female's body, exchanging worried and uneasy glances between each other. A mouth appeared on the side of Yuuji's cheek, seemingly in the form of a frown.

"I don't sense any cursed energy from her."

"So what does that mean?..."

"It means she's gone."

Yuuji's gaze lowered to her face with a frown and sad eyes while Megami looked away, biting his lip.

Yuuji carefully placed his hands on her and turned her around to reveal her face. Blood dripped from her lips, eyes closed, skin scratched, bruised and dirtied, and a pained expression on her face.

He bit his lip harshly, feeling the metallic taste of blood in his mouth.

"Y/N-sensei..."

Megumi finally turned to look at her before quickly closing his eyes and gripping the material of his pants.

"It had to be done Itadori..."

The latter frowned and closed his eyes.

"Yeah...I know...let me at least carry her somewhere more peaceful..."

"Yeah...okay."

As the teen extended his arms to pick her up, a large snake-like curse slammed the both of them into a wall metres away from her. A slow clap followed as they gasped at the force and groaned in pain.

"You managed to kill her. I must congratulate you two. That was no easy task. It's still beyond me how you accomplished that."

A man with long black hair, closed eyes and stitches across his forehead spoke with a smile on his face.