Chapter 13

When I opened my eyes, the sun was peaking through the blinds. I moved around a little to find myself still wrapped in Nolan's arms. I smiled at the thought of us tangled up all night. I could still hear Dylan snoring, so I knew it was all of us still there. I reached for my phone and started to scroll through my work emails. It's been officially 3 days in St. Louis, which means my time was coming to an end. It hurt to think about it. I was back in my hometown, loving every minute of it, connecting with Nolan, and actually happy. But it was all going to be ripped away from me when it was time to leave. The thought really hit me. I was going to have to leave Nolan. He made me so happy, and I think I did the same, and here I am going to hurt him soon. The thought of it was overwhelming, I had to stop thinking about it. I continued to scroll through my phone when I ran across an email I thought was a joke.

From: Current Company

To: All Users

**Attention All. Company closing. Three weeks from now.** For questions, please reach out to your direct supervisor.

Are you kidding me? Telling us our company is closing in an email?? At first I was pissed. I wanted to scream, but then a calming thought washed over me. The company is closing. I don't have to go back to work. I can stay here. So many thoughts and so many questions. It was early, so I couldn't think about it anymore. I locked my phone and snuggled back into Nolan. I guess my moving around woke him up because he tightened his grip and groaned.

"Morning sunshine," I whispered to him.

He smiled with his eyes closed and whispered back, "morning, sweet girl."

I loved when he called me that. I tried to get up, but Nolan pulled me back down.

"You're crazy wildcat, let me go," I said.

Nolan opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Kenz I need to tell you something," he said.

I got extremely nervous and sat up and looked him in the eyes. He held my hands and started.

"I just want to be honest with you. Santana is still at my house. That is why I have been here with Dylan. She doesn't have anywhere to go, so I offered my place until she could get out. Please don't think I am still hanging onto her because I am not. I just did not want to be an ass about it."

I sighed with relief as I cut him off.

"Nolan, it's ok. I understand. It was nice of you to let her stay. I am sure it's weird, but you did the right thing. Thank you for telling me."

Nolan kept going, "I wanted to because I have to go home and get my things today, so when I disappear later, now you will not have to wonder why. Santana will be at work, so I will run in and run out while she is gone."

I appreciated Nolan's honesty with me, and I thanked him for it.

"That's completely fine. Plus, it gives me time to relax a little." I smiled up at him.

"Thank you for being you," he whispered.

"Now can I get up, I have to pee so bad," I asked?

Nolan laughed and let me up. I quickly ran to the restroom, did what I needed, brushed my teeth, washed my face and walked out. When I made it back to the living room, the guys were up and in the kitchen. I walked over and sat on the barstool.

Dylan had a cookie in each hand, and Nolan had one in his mouth.

"Cookies for breakfast, I see," I commented.

Nolan just shrugged and Dylan replied. "I slept like a baby last night and woke up wanting cookies, so that's what I'm having."

I laughed at the response and laid my head down.

Nolan asked me what I wanted, and I figured what the hell, might as well have a cookie too.

We ate the cookies and talked about plans for the day.

Dylan spoke first, "I need to go to the store and get groceries, so I'll do that, and then I have a date tonight."

"Dylan! You have a date and didn't tell me," I shouted?

He just shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

Nolan spoke next. "I have to run to the house to get my things, and then I have an interview with a sports writer at two. After that, my schedule is clear."

I spoke up last. " I really need to call mom and talk to her. I'll do that while you both are gone, and then I'm free."

Dylan offered up a plan. "Okay so let's do this. I will run to the store, Nolan will go to his house and then interview, and Kenz will call her mom. We can all meet here when Nolan is done with his interview around 4 and then hang out until I leave tonight. Then it's up to you guys what all do because if all goes well I won't be home tonight," he smirked.

What a loser! I agreed, and so did Nolan. Dylan and Nolan ran upstairs to get ready for the day, and I stayed downstairs to clean up.

Not long after, Dylan approached in basketball shorts and a gray t-shirt, looking good like always. Nolan was soon to follow, wearing black Nike shorts and blue cardinals t-shirt. He looked hot AF, but that was nothing new. I complimented both of them and they smiled.

Nolan walked up beside me and stood as close as he could. Dylan grabbed his keys and said, "alright, if you want anything, just text me, and I'll get it. See you guys soon." He kissed me on the cheek and fist pounded Nolan, and out the door he went. Nolan asked for my phone and I handed it to him. He typed something on it, and handed it back.

"Figured you might need my number," and he winked.

" Don't you need mine too," I asked?

"Already have it," he said.

He would, I thought to myself. I just smiled.

"Ok, so I'm headed out, but I'll keep you updated. Don't break anything while no one is here. If you need me, just text me."

I smiled and responded, "You have yourself a deal."

He brought me in for a hug, and he smelt so good. As I went to pull away, Nolan put one hand on my face and slowly moved in. I didn't have time to think, just react. His lips finally met mine. Nolan kissed me passionately and I returned the favor. I stood on my tippy-toes, grabbing onto his shirt. Kissing Nolan can't be explained. It was pure magic. He was so gentle and sweet with me. I smiled into the kiss and felt Nolan do the same. He slowly pulled away, and I buried my head into his chest and giggled. Nolan put his hand under my chin and lifted it up.

I looked him in the eyes and said, " I wasn't expecting that, but whoa."

" I just wanted you to know how I feel about you and that while I'm gone, you are what I will be thinking about." A literal angel. I hugged Nolan tight and then finally pulled away.

"Get out of here, so you can get back sooner," I said.

"Your wish is my command," Nolan responded.

I walked with him to the door and opened it. He walked to the truck, got in and rolled the window down.

"Shit Kenzie, I forgot something."

I ran out to the truck and popped myself on the window.

"What did you forget, sir," I asked?

He leaned over and kissed me again.

"That," he said and smiled.

"You're crazy, you know that, right," I asked?

"I know. Now get so I can go."

I hopped down and ran back to the door. I waved to Nolan as he backed out of the driveway and headed to his place. I went back inside and unlocked my phone. I couldn't stop thinking about that email I got from work. I needed to call mom and talk to her about it. It was either now or never. I dialed mom and waited for her to pick up....