Chapter 29

I arrived to the field around 6:15 and the gates had just opened. I made my through the field, passing by lots of fans. It was such a fun experience getting to witness the fans and all the chaos in person. I decided I was going to see if I could see the guys before I got snacks and got comfy in my seat. I walked towards the field, and only the visiting team was on the field. It was no big deal, I would text Nolan and just let him know I was here.

Me: Hey handsome, I am here

Nol: I'll be right out. Come to the side of the dugout

I smiled, putting my phone away and walking to the dugout. When I got there, I saw Nolan hiding in the corner. He saw me and walked out. The people who were already in their seats were screaming his name and holding things up for him to sign. I smiled, knowing people enjoyed watching him as much as I did. He threw his arm up, giving a wave, but then came to me. He was standing on the field side and me at the seats.

"Hey cutie," I said, leaning over to kiss him.

Nolan kissed me back and responded, "You look beautiful."

"Only because I am wearing your things," I said, and we both laughed.

"I don't have a lot of time, but I wanted to see you for good luck before the game."

"You are going to do great. Get out there and kill it!"

Nolan and I kissed once again, and then he ran back into the dugout and out of sight.

Happy with our interaction, I turned around to go grab a snack, and I was bombarded with fans around me. Luckily, they were all so nice. I took pictured with a few and made small chat with others. After a few minutes, I went and grabbed some nachos and a drink and got comfy in my seat. I looked over to the dugout and the guys were walking in to get their equipment set up. First I saw Nolan, he smiled, gave a wave, and then hustled to the filed. Next I saw Tyler, he waved and ran out, as did the other team members who recognized me. Lastly, Dylan saw me, he ran over to me and gave me a fist pump through the netting before running on the field. 

Gosh, I loved my life.

The guys were on the field first, and Nolan had a ground ball hit right to him. He barehanded picked it up, and launched it across the field right to first base. First out. Second and third outs were fly balls to left and center field. The guys came running back to the dugout looking hyped up. The batting lineup started with Edman, and then went Carlson, Goldie, and Nolan. Edman hit a ball right to first, but was so fast, he was safe. Dylan was next and he struck out. He walked back saying "fuck this" and I giggled. He could be really hard on himself. Goldie was next, and he hit a ball into the opening at left fielding, letting Edman made it to second and him to first. Now it was Nolan's turn. I sat up in my seat, and pulled out my phone to record. First pitch, strike. Second pitch, ball. Third pitch, ball. You could tell Nolan was getting frustrated. He stepped away from the plate and adjusted his gloves. He stepped back on, did his little back arch stretch, and got into position. Forth ball, right down the middle and Nolan hit a 3-run home run. The whole crowd went crazy! Nolan kept his cool and he made his way around the bases. Once he hit third, he did his handshake with the guys, and then ran back to the dugout, looking and smiling at me. It was definitely a proud girlfriend moment. As the game went on, we stayed in the lead. There was a time in the game that I thought the visiting team was going to score and beat us, but the guys weren't going to let that happen. The game ended with a victory and the team ran on the field to celebrate. "What a great day for baseball," I thought to myself.

I stayed at my seat until the stadium had almost cleared out and the guys were done packing up. I pulled out my phone and went to twitter, sharing the video I look of Nolan hitting his home run. I tagged the Cardinals, and before long my twitter was blowing up with likes and follows. I don't post much on there, so they didn't have much to see. What was really cool, was people were posting the pictures they had taken with me before the game started. They were so cute, and I couldn't wait to show Nolan. People had hashtags like #nolansgirlfriend #sonice #thebest #pretty #myfavoritemlbgirlfriend. I just blushed and kept scrolling. I was lost in social media when Nolan walked up to me.