Chapter 16

After we got everything cleaned up inside, we headed outside to get the screen set up. Nolan was busy tightening the strings at the top, and me at the bottom. Feeling accomplish, I started to walk away when all of a sudden, I felt a strong paid of arms wrap around me, and we fell into the pool.

We both went under, and I quickly kicked my way to the top.

I wiped my eyes, and yelled, "Nolan!"

He swam towards me, wrapping me in his wet arms and laughing.

"Yes, can I help you," he smirked?

"What were you thinking," I whispered since he was so close to me.

"We were getting in any way, and I wanted to do this."

He moved in closed and his wet lips met mine. I ran my hand through his hair, grabbed the back of his head, and pushed into the kiss more. Nolan picked me up and sat me on his lap. His hands were lingering near the bottom of my back, slowing making their way to my ass.

I couldn't help but moan into the kiss. Nolan seemed to appreciate this, as he then put his hands under my ass, squeezing. We kept this pace going for a while, until Nolan pulled away.

"Whoa," he said while I stayed on his lap.

"Whoa, back atcha," I commented. "Have you been holding out on me?"

"Maybe a little," he said.

I smiled and pecked Nolan on the lips.

"Okay, lets changed, and then we can continue this night," he said with a wink.

As we were getting out of the pool, I felt something heavy in my pocket.

"Fuck," I whisper just loud enough for Nolan to hear me.

"What's wrong," Nolan asked concerned.

I slowly reached into my pocket and pulled out my soaking wet phone.

"Oh, shit, Kenz. I am sorry. I had no idea your phone was in your pocket."

I tried my best not to get upset.

"It's fine, I guess. But I have no way to get into contact with Dylan or my mom now. Or even you when you are away."

"Let me make it up to you. We can go tomorrow and get you a new one."

"Nolan, that isn't your responsibility. I can pay for it, but if you want to come with me, you can."

Nolan did not seem pleased with my response, but agreed anyway and apologized again.

"Would you mind if I sent a text to Dylan to let him know what happened?"

Nolan walked over to the table near the pool and handed me his phone.

"Anything for you, sweet girl. I am going to put my swim trunks on and grab towels."

He kissed my head and walked away. Nolan had already unlocked his phone for me, so I pulled up messages and clicked on Dylan's name.

Me: Dyl, it's me. My phone fell in the pool, so it's not working. If you need me, call Nolan.

Dylan: Your phone fell in the pool?

Me: I fell in the pool with my phone in my pocket.

Dylan: You fell in the pool?

Me: Nolan pushed me into the pool LMAO

Dylan: You didn't do the nasty in my pool, did you?

Me: Guess you'll never know. Text mom and tell her too. We are going to get me a new phone tomorrow.

Dylan: Hang on, I'm calling you

Instantly, the phone rang.
"Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your date," I said.

Dylan replied, "No need to apologize, I had a spare minute anyway. You said you were going to get a phone tomorrow?"

"I planned on it. Why what's wrong," I asked

"Nothing really wrong, but we have practice at 8am and a game at 4pm. There isn't going to be time. You might want to remind Arenado. Looks like you have been a little distracting."
I rolled my eyes, but agreed.

"Yeah, I can go alone, don't sweat it. But do I have a ticket for tomorrow? I want to see you all play."

Dylan said, "of course you do, same spot and same unlimited card. I got you, girl."

I laughed at this response and ended the call with Dylan.

I was not snooping, but when the call ended, I could see Nolan's recent calls.

My heart dropped when all I saw was Santana's name.

Incoming Call: Santana

Outgoing Call: Santana

Incoming Call: Santana

And it kept going.

Right on cue, Nolan walked outside, and I turned around. The look on my face spoke for itself. Nolan caught right on, as he did not ask what was wrong, but said, "I can explain."