Chapter 42

"Girl, that was harder than I thought it would be," Lauren admitted.

"Right. I know we will see them soon, but damn."

We just laughed it off.

"You will never guess what happened," Lauren said.

"Do tell," I said, turning to face her.

"Dylan told me he loved me!"

"No he didn't! It was about time."

"I tried to play it cool, but I couldn't. I have waiting to hear that for a little bit now."

"I am happy for you, I really am."

She smiled and thanked me for being so kind. Before we knew it, we had arrived at the airport. We unloaded our things out of the car and walked inside. It was not very busy, but we still had some time to kill before loading the plane.

"Starbucks," I asked?

"I read my mind," Lauren said, smiling.

We walked over to Starbucks, ordered, and found some seats to relax in.
I decided to take a quick selfie and sent it to Nolan.

Me: *send selfie* We are at the airport. Waiting to board the plane.

Nol: Pretty girl. Glad you are safe

"So, what do you want to do when we get back," Lauren asked me?

"I haven't thought about it," I admitted. 

"I might just go to Nolan's - I mean our - place and relax until he gets home. Would you want to come over, and we have Dylan meet you there?"

"That is a great idea," she said.

We continued to sip on our coffee and wait. It only took about 30 minutes until they called our flight.

"Let's go home," I said to Lauren

"Let's," she agreed.

We walked onto the plane and quickly found our seats. They were really nice and spacious.

"Looks like we got the hook-up," I whispered to Lauren, and she agreed.

A flight attendant walked by, making sure all luggage was secure. He then walked over to the intercom and spoke.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the flight will begin shortly. Make sure all electronic devices are cut off until we are in the air. We might experience slight turbulence today. No need to worry, you are in safe hands. Thank you for flying."

"Did he say turbulence," Lauren asked me?

"He did, but I think that is just protocol. We will be fine," I replied, smiling at her.

She shook her head ok, and pulled out her phone to power it down. I decided to do the same, but not without sending Nolan another text.

Me: Getting ready for takeoff. I love you

Nol: I love you

I powered my phone off and sat it in the front pocket of the seat in front of mine. Feeling accomplished, I smiled and waited. It felt like forever before the flight attendant got back on the speaker.

"Passengers, we are ready for takeoff. Here we go."

I looked at Lauren, who looked really nervous.