Chapter 53

I woke up the the smell of smoke. 

As I opened my eyes, it was dark and cloudy, the room was filling with smoke. Frantically, I reach over to wake Nolan up and he was not there. I jumped out of bed, covering my mouth with a t-shirt to keep from inhaling smoke while I searched for Nolan. I swung open the bathroom door and found him laying on the ground.

"Nolan, get up now."

He didn't move. I shook him as hard as I could, yelling.

"Nolan, get up NOW! The house is on fire!"

Still no movement. I started to cry as I watched Nolan lay there lifeless. I closed my eyes and started to scream.

"Kenzie! Kenzie!"

I opened my eyes to a very concerned Nolan looking down at me.

"Where am I," I asked?

"You're at home baby. With me. I think you had a bad dream."

Nolan reached down and wiped the tears falling form my eyes.

"You woke me up screaming. I had no idea what happened."

I sat up in bed, and much to my surprise, everything was light out. The sun was out, and there was no smoke.

I fell back down on the bed and closed me eyes.

"Thank god, it was just a dream"

Nolan pulled me into his arms and kissed my head.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I explained my dream to him, telling him everything that happened.

"No wonder you were crying and screaming. I am so sorry that happened baby, but look, we are all ok and everything is fine."

Nolan's words comforted me, knowing everything was ok.

"Look, it's already 8:00, why don't we get up, get showered and start the day?"

I tilted my head up and kissed Nol.

"Sounds like a plan handsome."

Nolan and I both got out of bed and went into the bathroom. I was still slow walking with my boot on, but I could manage for myself. While Nolan brushed his teeth, I got undressed and climbed into the shower.

While washing my face I called out to Nolan, "What are we doing today?"

"I have baseball practice at 10. You are come with me, or you and Lauren can spend some time together."

I thought about it while I washed my hair and body. I missed seeing Nolan on on the field, but I knew I'd be able to do that soon at a game.

"If you're sure, I'll spend the day with Lauren!"

"That is a great idea, beautiful. You deserve it."

I smiled at his response, and quick finished up in the shower. Once I was done, I went into the bedroom to text Lauren.

Me: Save me from being home all day! Girl's day?

Lauren: Um Yes please! Spa day, my treat!

Me: See you in an hour :)

Now it was time to pick out an outfit. I looked through my clean clothes and knew right away what I wanted. I carefully slid on my favorite pair of black leggings and a sports bar. Next, I slid on the hoodie Nolan has custom made for me. It was by far one of my favorites and I loved it! Feeling cute, I went back into the bathroom to fix my hair and makeup.