Chapter 31

As we walked to the truck, I reached into Nolan's back pocket and grabbed the keys.

"What do you think you are doing, pretty girl?"

"I think it is about time I get to drive your truck," I responded.

Nolan laughed, but did not argue.

"As long as you don't wreck it, I guess it will be ok."

Happily, I jumped into the driver seat and started the truck. I carefully started to drive us back to Nolan's place.

While I was driving, Nolan reached over and placed his hand on my thigh.

"So, you call my place your home now," Nolan asked.

I looked at him confused.

"You told Dylan we needed to run home."

"Oh, yeah, I am sorry, I just meant-"

He stopped me.

"No, ma'am, you don't get to apologize. My place is always your place because you are mine. I loved that you called it home."

I smiled and got butterflies in my stomach.

"It really feels like a home, Nol. I love being there with you."

He smiled too, and we continued the trip back home. When we got there, we ran inside and grabbed our bathing suites and towels. Quickly, we changed and then loaded back up; this time, Nolan driving.

"Hey, Nolan," I asked?

"What's up, baby?"

"Can we go by that nighttime cookie place and grab some cookies?"

"That sounds delicious, let's do it!"

I looked up the directions, and Nolan took us there. It was only a 5-minute drive, so it was quick. I got enough cookies for everyone and a different variety. Satisfied with our purchase, we headed back to Dylan's house.

When we got there, Dylan and Lauren  were already in the pool.

"Hey, the party has arrived," he said.

"And we brought cookies," I replied happily.

Nolan and I got into the pool with the others and floated around. There were cookies by the pool as well as some alcohol.

We all drank a little and ate lots of cookies while talking; it was a really good time. Nolan and Dylan went to one side of the pool, while Lauren and I went to the other.

"So, how do you like dating a famous baseball player," I asked her?

"Dylan is wonderful and such a gentleman. I forget he is famous most of the time," she laughed.

"I understand. I don't know if Dylan ever told you, but I am Kenzie. I have known Dylan since high school."

"It is really nice to meet you, Kenzie. I am Lauren."

Lauren and I talked for a long time. She mentioned she was currently working from home as a manager for her company, and I told her how I had lost my job and planned on moving here. It was nice to have a girl to talk to here. We ended up exchanging numbers, and we planned on having a girls' day. Not too long after, Dylan and Nolan came back over.

"Are you girls ready to go in and watch a movie?"

We all agreed, got dried off, and went inside.

Nolan came up behind while we were walking in and said, "you are so hot. I'd date you."

I laughed at his comment, and turned to look at him.