Chapter 36

It just so happen the next three days went by really fast. I stayed occupied job hunting, and online shopping. I also went over to Dylan's and made sure everything was cleaned up for when he got back. I also wrapped the new plate in a cute bow and left it sitting on the table with a note. "Cute," I thought. I might have used the pool while I was there and hit him home gym, which was very nice.

Lauren and I got coffee every morning, and discussed travel plans. We decided that she would stay over Friday night, we would get everything packed and ready, and take the truck to the airport Saturday around 11, so we would be ready for our flight.

Friday night approached, and I heard a knock at the door. I ran to the door with excitement and opened it. Lauren stood there holding our favorite bottle of wine and chocolate chip cookie.

"The party has arrived," she announced.

I helped her carry all her things in.

"Did you pack your whole apartment," I asked her?

"I wasn't sure what all to bring, so I grabbed lots and figured we could go through it together."

She was a smart cookie.

"Good thing I went to the gym this morning," I said, referring to the cookies and wine.

"Regardless, it will be so worth it," she commented.

And she was right. We snacked on cookies and drank wine while we were in Nolan and my room packing. As she held something up, I would agree or disagree, trying to narrow it down. Lauren held up the cutest skirt and a custom-made Cardinals shirt.

"Ok, where did you get that? I am obsessed," I said.

"I ordered it from a link on Facebook. I honestly didn't know how it would turn out, but I love it! I will send you the link."

"I have an outfit kind of similar that I want to pack."

I ran to the closet and grabbed one of my new skirts and just a normal ballpark t-shirt.

"That is so cute," Lauren responded.

We did this for about 30 minutes when our phones rang. FaceTime from our guys.

"Shit," how do we hide all this," she asked?

"Follow my lead," I said.

Lauren answered her phone, and I answered mine.

"Hello," we both said.

"What in the world is going on over there," Dylan asked?

I spoke up, "Since I do not have a lot of my clothes here, Lauren brought hers to let me go through."

I turned and winked at her.

"Yeah, I have a lot that I don't wear, so I figured why not."

They seemed to have bought it. Lauren continued her conversation with Dylan, and I went into the bathroom to talk to Nolan.

"You are looking mighty fine tonight," I said to Nolan.

"I don't feel fine. I am just bummed we have lost the past 3 games. Like it doesn't make sense. It has me in a bad mood."

"I know, baby, but it will get better. You know what you are doing, and we both know you work hard. I have all the faith in."

"You always know what to say to make me feel better. I love you," he said.

"I love you, handsome. Just think, 3 more games in Atlanta, and then you will be home to me!"

"Atlanta," Nolan asked, confused?

"Yeah, aren't you guys traveling to Atlanta in the morning to play," I asked concerned.

"No. We are going to Chicago," Nolan said.

"Wait, are you serious?"

"I am just messing, yeah, we are going to Atlanta."

"Nolan James, don't trick me like that," I said relieved.

"I was just picking with you, pretty girl. Why did you get so concerned?"

Oh shit, I needed to play this cool.

"Because I made a bet with Lauren that I knew your schedule better than she did, and I thought I was wrong."

I think that worked.

"I know my girl knows where we play. I am proud that you are mine," he said.

"I am always proud of you. You are going to play great tomorrow, I just know it."

"For you, I will try. I love you, beautiful. I will talk to you in the morning."

I responded, "I love you, Nol. Goodnight."

I ended the FT with Nolan and walked back in the bedroom. Lauren was off the phone, too, so I filled her in on what Nolan said.

"He really tried to trick me into thinking they were going to Chicago instead of Atlanta."

"Whoa, could you imagine if we booked tickets to the wrong place," she asked?

I couldn't even think about it. I pulled out my phone to double-check the team's schedule. 

Atlanta Braves vs St. Louis Cardinals Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

"We are all good to go," I said. "I feel much better now. Let's finish this packing."

When Lauren and I were done, it was already 1am. We quickly cleaned up the house, and had everything by the door, ready to go.

As we laid down in bed, she spoke up, "I am so excited to see Dylan and surprise him."

"I am so excited, too. A little nervous, but definitely happy about it."

We talked just a few more minutes before falling asleep. Tomorrow was the big day.