Chapter 52

The next few days went about the same, well minus the shower sex, I was still recovering. Other than that, I was feeling great. I could easily walk with my boot on, and my head had barely any pain.

"Ok Kenzie, all your test results came back clean, so we are going to discharge you later today. We still want to see you back here in 6 months, but considering how good you are doing, you won't need physical therapy. We will set you up with the orthopedic to schedule a boot removal day. Any questions?"

"No, doctor. Thank you so much."

Nolan spoke up, "Doctor, I have a question. How careful does she need to be? Like stay home and in bed or what?"

The doctor gave a light laugh at Nolan's question.

"Mr. Arenado, she is free to do anything, just as long as she is cautious about the boot, but everything should be fairly normal."

Nolan stood up, and shook the doctor's hand.

"Thank you for everything, sir."

The doctor and nurse exited the room and Nolan turned to me.

"Are you excited? You finally get to leave."

I joked around with him.

"More like are you excited? You finally get to leave too!"

We both laughed about it and agreed.

"It will definitely be nice to be out of this hospital bed and back in my own bed."

"Your own bed, huh," Nolan questioned?

"Our bed. I meant our bed."

"What's mine is yours, my girl. I can't wait to be home with you either."

"Nol, we should probably start packing up. Look at this mess."

We both looked around the room and laughed. Spending so much time at the hospital, it's like we made it home. We both started to clean things up and get the room back to the way it was. It ended up taking an hour to get it all done. Nolan would pick something up and throw it in the bag, and I would go back and hold it and put it away properly. The whole time went like that, but I would not trade it for the world. Finally, everything was packed, and the nurse walked into the room with discharge papers.

"Kenzie, you are free to go. The number to the orthopedic is on there, so give her a call next week and get an appointment set up. Other than that, get out of here and feel better soon!"

We both thanked the nurse for the kindness, and I even had her a card. She was by far the nicest person we had an interaction with and she deserved a little treat. I gave her a hug and handed her the card on the way out.

"Ok, beautiful. Time to go home."

Nolan had all the bags over his shoulder, and on his left hand, leaving his right-hand open to hold mine. We carefully made our way to the elevator and to the main level. Walking outside, it actually hit it.

"Nolan, oh my gosh. What are we going to do about your truck? You have to have something."

He turned to look at me and smiled.

"You worry too much, I have it all figured out. Let's take this Uber home and I will tell you all about it."

We loaded up the car, and the driver took us back home.

"It's so nice to be out of that place. I forgot how much I take all of this for granted," I commented as we drove.

"Let's try to keep you out of there, shall we?"

"We shall," I agreed, laughing.

Before I knew it, the Uber was pulling into our drive-way. I looked over to Nolan and smiled so big.

We haven't stayed in the house together yet, and the thought of it made me so excited.

"We are home," he said squeezing my hand.

As the driver got closer to the door, I could see Dylan and Lauren, as well as Harrison.

"I hope you don't mind some company. They were eager to see you," Nolan admitted.

"It is perfect, I am happy to see them!"

As soon as the car came to a stop, Harrison ran to my door, opened it, and pulled me out.

He was careful, but still very excited.

"Finally, you are free. We must celebrate."

"I missed you too, Bader."

He let me out of the hug, and went to help Nolan with the bags.

Dylan walked over and gave me a hug next.

"Welcome home, loser. We missed you."

"Glad to be back, bestie."

He then joined Harrison and Nolan.

Lauren walked over to my next, looped her arm in mine, and escorted me to the door.