Chapter 37

*beep beep beep beep beep beep*

I reached over and picked up my phone to cut the alarm off. As I did, I glanced at the time, 8am. Today was the today! Lauren and I were going to surprise the guys at their game tonight. I carefully woke Lauren up.

"Morning sunshine, it's time to get up!"

Lauren groaned and hit me with a pillow.

"I drank too much, and it's too early for this," she said.

"Too bad, so sad. Get your ass up, or we will be late," I commanded.

We both got out of bed and started our morning. Lauren went to shower in the guest bathroom while I did in mine. I put on some music and jammed out. I washed my hair, my face, and my body, as well as shaving my body and putting on moisturizer. When I was done, I stepped out, and grabbed my towel. I was feeling good and looking good, so I decided to take a provocative picture and send it to Nolan.

Me: Morning, Handsome. Look what you're missing

I sat my phone down and climbed into the sink to work on my eyebrows while I waited on his response.

Not long after, Lauren walked in and asked if I could do hers.

"Of course, friend. Have a seat."

I started on her eyebrows when my phone went off. I jumped from excitement.

Nol: Gorgeous. Wait until I get back and have my way with you. I love you

Me: I love you

I went back to working on Lauren, and a few minutes later I had finished.

"What are you going to do with your hair," Lauren asked me?

"I am just going to curl it. It will probably fall, but oh well. I am taking a hat as backup."

"I agree. Smart thinking," she said.

We both dried our hair and started curling it. After our hair, we did makeup. Lauren went with a bold look. A smoky eye and dark lipstick. I wanted to stick more towards the nature side, but I decided to add a red lip.

"Girl, you look hot," Lauren said.

"I could say the same about you. Dylan isn't going to know what to think."

We then made our way into the bedroom and put on our outfit for the day. Because we were traveling all day, we would not have time to change before the game, so I decided on something cute, but comfy. Since it was still chilly outside, I went with light blue, ripped mom jeans, and the new sweatshirt Nolan had given me. Lauren had on black, ripped jeans, and another custom blouse, similar to the one she packed. Feeling good with our choices, we snapped a quick picture.

"Ok, let's load up the truck, and head to the airport," I said.

Lauren and I put our bags in the truck, and off we went.

When we got to the airport, I parked Nolan's truck in the overnight/extended stay location, and we got out.

It was only 9:30am, but better early than late. We got our things out of the truck and walked inside.

Since we had plenty of time to kill, we decided to grab a quick breakfast and some coffee. While we ate, I decided to post the picture of Lauren and me that we took this morning.

"I am already getting hate comments, and I just posted it," I said, turning my phone around to show Lauren.

"People have nothing better to do that be assholes," she said.

I agreed and went back to eating.

Once 10:15 hit, they called our gate number and were able to board the plane. As we loaded, I got multiple looks from different people. Some were nice and some looked straight up rude.

"I guess that is what I get for wearing an Arenado sweatshirt," I commented, laughing.

Lauren laughed too as we sat in our seats.

"I am going to send a text to Nolan letting him know we are busy, so it is not weird if I don't text him back right away."

"That is a great idea," Lauren agreed.

We both pulled out our phones and sent a text.

Me: Hey handsome. Hanging out with Lauren at the pool. I'll text you when I can, I love you

Nol: Have a good time, beautiful. I love you

I smiled, feeling accomplished. Before we knew it, the flight attendant came over the speaker.

"Please fasten your seatbelts and put all electronic devices away. Takeoff will begin soon."

I was so nervous, but excited. I put my phone away and prepared for takeoff.

The flight to Atlanta was about 2 hours. It wasn't bad at all. While we were in the air, I texted Harrison to let him know what the plan was. He knew we were coming to surprise the guys, so he was willing to help.

Me: Hey loser, we will be there around 2pm

Harrison: I have you a place to hide your bag. We have to be at the field at 3pm. Can you kill time between then?

Me: Not a problem, thank you

"So, Harrison said we have an hour to kill when we land. Lunch," I asked?

"Please, I am starving," Lauren replied.

As soon as the plane landed, Lauren and I made our way off and to the baggage claim. We grabbed our bags and headed to find some food. We decided on Mexican.

"Chips and salsa sound so good," I said.

"And so does shrimp," Lauren commented.

We sat down at the little restaurant and ordered our food. Lauren got grilled shrimp and I got grilled chicken. We chatted about how we think the guys might react and if they will even believe we pulled it off.

"Can you believe we actually did this? We are in Atlanta," Lauren said happily.

"I couldn't have done it, without you. Thank you, friend!"

We took our time eating, and before I knew it, it was 3pm and time to head to the field.
Right on cue, Harrison texted me.

Harrison: We are at the field. Call me when you're here, and I will meet you outside the gate.

Me: So excited, can't wait

"So Harrison said we can come on, and he will meet us to get our bags," I told Lauren.

"Epp, I am so happy. Let's do this!"

Lauren and I grabbed our bags, and walked outside to the taxi.

"We are going to the Braves Stadium, please," I said.

The taxi driver nodded and started to drive. Within 30 minutes we were there. As we got out of the car, I tipped the driver, and closed the door.