Chapter 38

"This place is beautiful," Lauren commented.

"It really is. Let me call Bader."

I pulled out my phone and called Harrison. He answered on the first ring.

"Are you guys here," he asked?

"We are at Gate 4. There are a few people around us, so you might want to be careful," I said to him.

"Ok, stay where you are. I've got this," and he hung up the phone.

We waited for a few minutes before I saw a blond, curly haired guy peep his head through the gate and motion us over. Lauren and I picked up our things and walked over to Harrison, who slightly opened the gate and let us in.

"Ok, the guys are on the filed practicing, so you need to stay low and out of sight," he said.

We agreed and followed Bader. He led us to a storage room near the backside of the dugout.

"Ok, this is our huddle room in case of emergencies. You can put your things here, and then we will get them after the game."

We sat our things down quickly and hurried out.

"If you don't want the guys to see you, you need to go back out and come in with the crowd," he said.

"Yeah, let's do that," Lauren piped up.

We agreed and Bader led us back to Gate 4, and we exited.

"You guys be careful, and I will see you on the inside."

"Thank you again, Harrison. I owe you one," I said.

He winked and walked away. Lauren and I made our way to join the crown in line waiting to get inside. The gates open at 4:15 for the game, so we had just a little bit of time to kill.

"Ok, we need a plan," I said. "How are we going to get the guys' attention since they are not expecting us?"

We thought about it for a minute until Lauren spoke up.

"We are sitting at the visitors' dugout box, right," she asked?

"Yeah, that is right," I responded. "Our seats are right beside them."

"When then when they enter the box, we could scream."

I laughed at her tactic, but didn't think it was the right one.

"I have an idea," I said. "We will let them run onto the filed to stretch and wait a minute. When Harrison runs past them, he can get their attention and point to us, and we can wave."

"Aw, that is cute! I love it," she said.

"That should have then running over to us in no time," I laughed.

I pulled out my phone and sent Harrison a text explaining the plan. He was all for it.

"We couldn't have done this without Harrison, either," I said to Lauren.

"You are so right," she agreed.

I also decided to send Nolan a text.

Me: Good luck today, baby! I will be watching and cheering you on

Nol: Thank you, pretty girl. I love you

Me: I love you, Nol

Lauren and I stood there a little while longer, and right at 4:15, the gates opened. I was so nervous.

"What if Nolan did not want to see me here," I asked Lauren as we walked inside?