꩜ Chapter 6 ꩜

Merlin my head hurt. The throbbing pain clouded any other feeling or thought.

"Oh shit." I bolted upright, expecting to be in some random bed or possibly passed out on the common room couch. I wrapped my arms around myself, subconsciously trying to find some safety as my mind orientated itself.

Instead I opened my eyes and realised I was in my own dorm, in my own bed. I was still wearing last night's clothes, a good sign, and there was no one else in the room. I pressed a hand to my lower stomach, surveying whether or not there was any evidence of my night ending in a less fortunate way. 

I sighed in relief when I felt no ache or bruising. My wrists hurt a little which was probably from being trapped against that wall. What had happened after that? My throat closed up as I tried to remember what had happened. I seemed okay, with the only apparent physical feeling being the need to vomit.

Pansy's bed was neatly made on the other side of the room and the lake outside the window let through dull light, making me wonder what the time was. 

12.56pm apparently.

The throbbing in my head and another lurch to my stomach alerted me that I needed to haul ass to the bathroom if I didn't want to spend my afternoon cleaning puke off of the floor boards. I held my own tangled hair back whilst allowing my stomach contents to be emptied into the toilet.

A note and a glass of water sitting on the sink caught my attention, once I felt safe I could sit up without gagging.

'Raven,
I hope you had a good night. You were out cold when I came in this morning so I thought I should let you sleep. Come find me once you're feeling alive enough.
Pansy, xoxo'

There was no mention of anyone with me. Maybe I had gotten away?

With the glass of water empty, I started trying to collect the events of last night into a reasonable timeline. I remembered dancing, sitting on the couch smoking. After that the memories became a little more swirly.

I had been looking for Pansy, and that guy had told me where to find her and trapped me in the corner. What happened after that? The arms around me, carrying me somewhere. Back here? The more I tried to focus, the more my head throbbed. 

I gave up on trying, hoping the memories would come back to me throughout the day as they sometimes do.

I slowly got up and walked into the dorm, hunting for my wand. I almost cried when I found it, neatly left on my bedside table. I had it with my last night but I had left it on the couches. Had one of the boys dropped it off?

I picked it up, recalling a spell and waving the wand around my head to lessen the sickening pain. Next, I changed out of my dress, into some jeans and a hoodie. Comfort clothes.

I downed a couple more glasses of water and brushed out my tangled mess of hair. I could say I felt a little more human now. 

Down the stairs and into the common room, a couple of people were still asleep on couches but the rest of the evidence that last night was anything more than a casual Friday was gone. If I didn't feel like pure shit, I might have wondered about who cleaned that up. Some Slytherin students sat around looking sorry for themselves, probably saying they would never drink again.

Pansy was no where to be found in both the dungeons, or the Great Hall. All three boys seemed to have vanished from existence too. My last stop was the court yard, it was the only place I knew her to regularly hangout. Fortunately, there she was, sitting on a bench next to Blaise and Daphne.